Lost Man Creek Trail

Lost Man Creek Trail is a 20.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Orick, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Kids and I walked the first 2 miles and then went back. hardly saw anybody else. amazing views. no logging trucks when we went

The ranger said nobody ever went here-that sold it! He also said it was Flat but hmmm, not quite. The Lost Man Creek disappears from view very soon, you'll be heading uphill for awhile. One thing I noted was the length and strength of bridges buildt over the creek-like the logs would never end. However the only other humans on this road the day I hiked were log truck drivers about every 30 minutes. They had 60 log loads (almost like pencils to me!)

This is longer than 2 miles I think, may have tied into some Redwood Creek Trail but 4 1/2 hrs later, felt like a 6 mile up and back rather than 2. If you like complete solitude this is the place to find it.