Los Santos-Trans Preserve Loop

Los Santos-Trans Preserve Loop is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Oak grasslands, Spring wildflowers, historic adobe ranch house, vernal pools This loop hike takes in much of the west end of the preserve. From the trailhead, take the left hand trail 1/4 mile, turn right on the Trans-Preserve trail. Stick with this trail until you reach the Vernal Pools trail. Turn left to the pools, the most crowded area on the preserve. Continue off the mesa about 1 mile to the historic ranch adobe, where you can picnic and relax under a huge Live Oak tree. From the adobe, take the Punta Mesa trail towards Monument Hill. Watch for the left branching trail just before the main trail; a dirt road, angles right. Take the left fork down off the hill to another dirt road and a stream crossing. When you arrive at a gate, look for the start of the Trans-Preserve trail, which you follow until you see your original path coming in from the right. Turnright to the trailhead.

It was ok. Not my type of hike. First time there is don't think I'll be going back.

Best hike in Murrieta

I live 15 minutes away from this hike. I hike it and run it regularly. The best part of the plateau is that there are many hikes short and long easy and moderately difficult making it very accessible for hikes of all ages and experience it. If you can make it to the adobes its worth it.
Bring water and sun block.

nice easy trail. if you hike the complete outside loop, its about 12 miles.

a great trail for the kids ages 5-11 many shaded areas to stop for water or snacks. went to the pools. dried up. but still a fun adventure. no wildlife this time.

Great trail.

My local favorite and steady "go to." I can get in a nice work out if I maintain a steady pace and seek out some inclines.
The scenery is beautiful and when I go it's not crowded. I love how quiet it is out there. It's therapy for me.
Love the old oaks, granite boulders, and tall yellow (dead) grass. The right combination of full sun and cool shade give this hike a nice perk.
Encountered a rattlesnake here once. I hate rattlesnakes.
There is a $3.00 day use fee on the honor system. The trails are well marked and maintained. The interactive center is nice for learning and cooling off. It gets real hot out on the trails, so plenty of water and sunscreen.
Only one part of the park is dog friendly so check first before venturing out. Bring your camera to capture some eye candy.

Great for kids and dogs!!!

Great trails! Took my Girl Scouts to see vernal pools and then hiked to the adobe. Visitor's center had maps and even gave us an informational tour. Beautiful views of the area.

Beautiful and clean. Moderate to easy and sunny. The rolling hills simply beautiful and relaxing.

Nice for our first time out, we didn't know what to expect..

Fun

beautiful hike!

Still alot of green grass left. Vernal pools exceeded my expectations. No water but a beautiful purple flower carpet accompanied by dark green grasses. Go soon or will be gone for summer. 6.5 mi hike from Clinton keith parking lot. 1.5 mi from the other side.