Los Penasquitos Canyon

Los Penasquitos Canyon is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, CA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice! Easy to access and good for all levels. I am a novice mountain biker so I had to walk my bike up a few of the big hills. The waterfall is just shy of 3 miles in. Also beware the hills are rocky. We enjoyed the day.

I went in the 3 miles it take to reach the waterfall. The trail was well maintained, and more of a walk than hike. Regardless the surrounding habitats were gorgeous with some good bird watching and peaceful side trails.

Easy trail with a few spots for shade in between. Great variety in trail hopping with alternate paths. The waterfall is the real treat, take of your shoes and socks and cool down in the water. The rocks at the waterfall also offer some fun traversing.

The trail is pretty long but there is a beautiful little waterfall that I myself liked a lot. I mostly fast walked this. It wasn't really difficult but when you complete it you feel pretty good. I did a 8.5 miles loop so after all that I felt pretty good. You can bring your dogs and older kids. I loved it! Good for beginners and if you want to challenge yourself just jog the trail.

Great scenery, great work out, always nice for taking pictures, there is always the option of going the long way down or cutting it short for 6 miles. Make sure you go early to avoid the heat in the summertime.

Weather wasn't too bad, we went at 0800. Was a bit busy but with lots of friendly people. Maybe we went on a weird day but there was quite a bit of horse crap over the trails. It was alright. Probably wouldn't do it again but glad I went through it.

Wasn't too difficult. I was expecting to be closer to the water and more trees to walk under. I went midday so it was very hot.

Great for trail running! Not too steep so it doesn't throw your pace off too bad. It's hot though....

The trial was easy but long. It was a nice 2 hour walk in the late afternoon. No need a lot of water.

It was alright.

Easy but hot. The side trails offer more shade and also extend your journey a bit.

Great trail.

Waterfall is nice, though small.
Overall scenery is too dried and hot.

Easy but fun