Los Penasquitos Canyon

Los Penasquitos Canyon is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My 12 week old puppy was bit by a pit bull in the face. Will never go here again. If I could give it negative stars I would.

Great location and hike. Lots of water flowing due to all the rain we had however one of the trails is closed past the waterfall.

Loved it! Even saw a bobcat !!

Such a fun experience and the waterfall is nice relaxing reward.

It's great :)

Love this canyon. I Used to go here when I was a kid before it was developed as a park.

Nice! Easy to access and good for all levels. I am a novice mountain biker so I had to walk my bike up a few of the big hills. The waterfall is just shy of 3 miles in. Also beware the hills are rocky. We enjoyed the day.

I went in the 3 miles it take to reach the waterfall. The trail was well maintained, and more of a walk than hike. Regardless the surrounding habitats were gorgeous with some good bird watching and peaceful side trails.