Los Jilgueros Preserve Trail

Los Jilgueros Preserve Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Fallbrook, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Right by my house, very dog and family friendly. Took my toddler with me and he loved it a lot.

Good for walking the dog.

Nice easy loop that my one year old could walk. Half of the trail is shaded. Kind of looks like the desert on the other half.

This place is beautiful! I loved the old farm equipment and the way the trees tunneled the trail. Saw some people having their photos taken professionally as I was thinking to myself how amazing of a background most of this area would make for a photoshoot. People were friendly, it was mostly families or single joggers this evening. You do start to hear traffic noise the closer you get to mission but when you're anywhere else in here it's like you're not even in the city anymore. It's not a strenuous hike or walk but there are a few inclines that could get your heart pumping if you jog through. Prepare to get dirty!

Easy. We went in the evening and it was a beautiful stroll. Well groomed trails and very flat.
Fining the place was a bit tricky. It's a small road that almost appears to be a driveway. The signs are not great.

The dog loves it and the kids had fun running off on the side trails looking at old farming equipment and discovering the pond.

Beautiful easy trail. Dog friendly. It has a small duck pond and resting benches.

It was ok. Nothing special

Such a peaceful trail! Very green and full of life!

Really nice scenery, small little pond with ducks, very relaxing place to walk. The only thing I wasn't expecting is that it is next to a busy road so you do hear cars almost the entire walk. I would go back though for an easy little walk!

It was a great afternoon walk with the dog.

Nice short walk. Great for picture taking!

Very nice easy hike. Trails are not very well marked and although it's pretty easy to navigate, there were a few times we weren't sure and went down a path that dead ended. Lots of dog walkers, good amount of shaded areas.

Easy hike, excellent for beginners or folks with dogs. Terrain is relatively even so it's a great running trail. There is lovely surprise pond at about the mid-way point. Parking was available and there were plenty of spots!

Love this place for a nice, easy paced hike! Lots of dogs here, and friendly people!

very hot and dry during the summer time, but other times quite pleasant. i've brought my dog with me, and have had quite a few bikers pass dangerously close without warning. for that reason-- we will not returning here

November is a beautiful time to do this hike you can turn it into a 1 mile or a 5K

A pleasant easy trail right out of Fallbrook. Water attracts wildlife, and there is plenty of that here.

Mile and a half we call it athe dog park