Long Canyon Loop

Long Canyon Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Simi Valley, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I took my 4 yr old son with me and he walked and even ran for the some of the course, it's a good trail, nothing crazy and we enjoyed it. The views are awesome!

Nice long walk

nice long walk. pretty rolling hills. no shade.

A great early morning family outing. An easy and kid friendly hike! Our 9 year old really enjoyed it! We saw a deer and rabbits.

Great little climb with a lot of cactus flowers in Spring!

Got started a bit late on a hot day. Two snake sightings, lots of bunnies.

I hiked from Long Canyon to Simi Peak and Back, this review is for that track. The day was beautiful, cool in the 60's with almost total cloud cover and patches of blue sky. The fields had already turned golden and China flat was no longer lush and green however this was still an amazing hike.

This route was not overly difficult. I would rate it as medium difficulty and nearly a perfect way to spend a day. Not a hike I would be interested in doing in the heat. as there is very little shade cover save for a few spots.

I have hiked in this area in dry warm conditions and the ground becomes hard and clay like which puts a bit of stress on my legs and knees. Fortunately the day I hiked this was the day after rains and the soil was soft and moist, even a touch muddy in places. It was great for hiking overall despite the muddy spots, soft ground with no dust.

Despite the fields of gold there were patches of green in places, mostly under a small section of oaks.

Rather than take China Flat trail I took a narrower trail which was nice however, it gets quite narrow and very cut out in places which makes finding a flat surface challenging. Not good if you have bad ankles. Also, the tall grasses combined with the narrow track made using my trekking poles a bit challenging. Next time I might stay on the main China Flat trail until it intersects with the Simi Peak trail.

This hike took me nearly 6 hours with ample breaks at both Simi Peak and the ridgeline overlooking Long Canyon. Total hiking time was about 5 hours. Bring plenty of water as there are no sources on the path and make sure you bring sunscreen or clothing to cover exposed skin as the midday sun is known to get quite brutal out there, especially in the summer.

Glorious! Loved the fields of long green grass, wild flowers, rock formations and mountain views. Just a beautiful moderate hike!

An amazing hike, every 10 minutes the scenery changes to something totally different. Took about 2 1/2 hours for a group to make the loop, a good hike for those starting out.

good one to train for strenuous hikes.

Great hike. The inclines provide a great way to train for other strenuous hikes/mountain climbs. Bring a lot of water with you because it can get very hot depending on the time of the year; not much shade until the end of the hike.

Great trail my 3yr old had no problems hiking the whole trail. Great family hike

This is a really great trail! You get an awesome work out going up and down all the hills. You can really push yourself and see yourself improve!

Great workout in the beginning

Love this trai for a quick workout. Very steep in the beginning...gets your heart racing! Also a great workout in reverse...may be a little harder. Although it sates 2 hours, we usually finish at a little less than an hour.