Lockwood / Miller Jeep Trail

Lockwood / Miller Jeep Trail is a 29.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Gorman, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, scenic driving, and off road driving and is accessible from May until November.

29.4 miles 5682 feet Point to Point

scenic driving

off road driving

Great place to get away.

off road driving

Good trail,I took my stock 2015 wrangler unlimited and made it out with no dents or damage.i would recommend doing it with another 4x4.

off road driving

Correction this trail is closed for seasonal closure during the months of November through May, Source: Point Mugu 4x4 Club who maintains this trail through the Adopt-A-Trail program.

off road driving

This is a great beginners trail! Lots of fun and a few bonus lines for more advanced drivers.

I have lead stock 4x4s through this trail with little difficulty. There are a few sections where spotting is needed for inexperienced drivers and occasionally a quick tug with a strap. I run with Infectious Off-road and we are always willing to come out and lead people through a trail so hit us up if you are looking for a trail buddy.

The track this app shows be default is just the Lockwood loop that drops you back onto Mulhardt rd. If you want to run all of the Lockwood/Miller trail you will go over 2 mountains and it will drop you off on Gold Hill rd in the Hungry Valley OHV park. I uploaded my gps track to this post and will report it to the admins.

off road driving

Great trail that will take you most the day. Looks can be deceiving but everyone in our group made it through

off road driving

Did this trail with City Slicker 4x4, great folks. Trail was challenging but a lot of fun. Look forward to doing it again.

off road driving

The trail offered a beginner like me an opportunity to stretch my JKUR legs and build my confidence, I used all my stock JKUR magic buttons except hill decent (I need to RTM) and built my confidence, mission achieved. I got through without any detectable damage. The trail had something for a beginner like me, easy parts and pucker moments, overall a great day.

Aired down to 15psi
4W hi and sway bar disconnected on Lockwood section\
4W lo, sway bar disconnected and rear lockers engage on Lockwood section

Very steep switch-backs. Large rocks. Fairly technical. Skid plates, lockers a must. Don't go alone!!! 2010 FJ Cruiser 4x4 with rear lockers, A-Trac front diff, 3" lift with 33" tires worked fine.

off road driving

I have driven this road in both directions in a stock Jeep 4-door Rubicon. Great views, isolated, and fairly technical in spots. 4WD Low and skid plates recommended, front sway-bar disconnect and lockers helpful.