Little Baldy Trail

Little Baldy Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

The summit of this hike offers an amazing view of the Silliman Crest and the Great Western Divide. Located 1.5 miles south of Dorst Campground, the Little Baldy trailhead is marked by a large sign on the east side of the road. After two switchbacks, you are guided through a quiet forest before the trail opens up onto the top of an open granite dome.

Great short hike. Wonderful views from the top. When we went it was a little hazy, but the sunlight through the clouds was amazing. https://zachhuff.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/hike-to-little-baldy-sequoia-national-park/

One of my favorite hikes! The beginning is a little steep, but the incline begins to steady itself once you get through the initial two switchbacks. It's a nice short hike to bring friends to that don't normally hike. Two out of the three times I've hiked it, I've gotten to the summit and had the dome all to myself or with the friends I took with me. Definitely a great place to sit and be still.

This hike has everything. Well maintained trail with easy switchbacks, great views along the way up and a serene panorama up at the top. Bonus is that it is not highly traveled. We were there in late Sept and saw 1, maybe 2 other cars parked along the road for the hike. Once you get up there though there are several places to tuck in to avoid the wind and take in the view for as long as you want with no one else around. Took my husband and I a couple of hours for the hike itself and we stayed at the top for about a half hour. Would have stayed longer but it was a little cold (lower 40's). Highly recommend!

Nice short morning hike

Wonderful view, and such an easy hike! Try to avoid fire season. No traffic was encountered at all.

My favorite hike we did in the park, GREAT views for an easier trail. Saw only two other groups on the trail, nice & quiet

Great hike. Started at our camp at Dorst Creek and hiked a not as well used trail to the start point on Generals Hwy. The views at the top were amazing!

Nice hike through the forest with nice views of the high sierras from the top.

Had the view to ourselves! A definitely recommended short and easy trail with a beautiful view

Love this trail.

Note: not easy for people who are out of shape; felt more moderate. The end is steeper so for those of you like me who are more out of shape, I recommend taking a break at the first summit.

NO complaints about this trail, the difficulty, the maintenance or the rewarding views at the peak of LIttle Baldy. Nothing but vistas as far as the eyes can see. In fact, we saw Big Baldy from Little Baldy and opted to go hike that one after we were done here. Less than 800 feet elevation gain for us on this hike. Recommended for all.

pretty nice hike...a little shorty

Did this hike at 3:30PM trying to get one more hike in with friends. Two multiple car turn-offs for plenty of parking at the trail head. Initial hike is a set of switch backs up the side of the ridge. Once on top of the ridge a nice hike through some woods. The view is fantastic at the summit.

Great short hike. Took less than 30 minutes to the top at a moderate pace, but I could have spent hours taking in the view. Started at around 1 pm and had to be back in Visalia at 430, so I'll have to head back up sometime soon.

Still a bit of snow on the trail, but great condition otherwise. Ran into a bear on the way out.

Very nice trail. Just be careful and not stop at the first summit you get to, this is not the summit. The final stretch it kind of a steep leg of the trail, but well worth the great view.

Nice short hike with a good view on a clear day. steep for the first half then a more moderate climb to the bald top.