Lime Ridge Open Space Trail

Lime Ridge Open Space Trail is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Concord, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Explore the network of trail in the Lime Ridge Open Space Preserve. These trails extend on both sides of Ygnacio Vally Rd and area and are multi-use. Hike around wildflowers and rolling hills.

We had a pleasant hike at Lime Ridge Open Space on this New Year's day. This loop had a mix of fire roads and single-track trails with a total ascent of 1,350 feet over 5.8  miles. Lime Ridge is located on the eastern edge of Walnut Creek on a dominant ridge leading to Mount Diablo. It contains some of the last remaining chaparral in Walnut Creek and a rich diversity of plant and animal life. Lime Ridge gets its name from the limestone in the area. We had great views of the surrounding cities and countryside.

Perfect length and challenge. Steep at times but mostly pretty easy.

Quick and easily accessible way to get away from it all. Did a short loop today and found it a perfect change from the 'neighborhood' jog. I started up top off Ygnacio. Took the Paradise trail through the shade then up and over Blue Oak trail. Met the Oholone trail and headed back to complete the short loop. Very peaceful midday hike and not overly exhausting even in 95 degree heat.

The convenient location and tons of trail options mean I'll be back to hike and bike this park many times!

Love this place I have seen lots of animals, flowers and birds. It's a nice easy trail I can take young kids on.

Beautiful, very hilly. Trees starting to get swollen buds, will have leaves very soon. Great view.

I saw the reviews and was a bit skeptical about the trails, but I have to say that I have really enjoyed this one. Parking is a snap. And I can start up the hill directly to the left and leave the city behind in just a few minutes. Even though you are so close to Ygnacio Rd. the noise from the cars quickly dissipates and you feel like you are much farther away than you are. I thought it was a very nice place to get a hike in without having to drive very far. Ive been here at least a dozen times. Also, it is not very crowded at all. there are days when I don't even run into another person.