Leavitt Meadows to Millie, Secret, Roosevelt & Lane Lakes

Leavitt Meadows to Millie, Secret, Roosevelt & Lane Lakes is a 11 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coleville, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I first made this hike in 2001 and never forgot it. The walk past the meadows is amazing. It's not a terribly challenging hike to Roosevelt, but definitely leave well before nightfall, as hiking this in the dark was not much fun.

was a beautiful hike....a little rough when you are hungover

Beautiful. 8.75

We did the loop with views of the meadow on the way back. The trail is used for horseback riding excursions, we passed a group of 16 riding horses on the way to the lake. Needless to say there's horse poop along the trail. The lake was gorgeous!

Great. If you are headed to secret lake there are two routes, after you cross the bridge from the parking/campground head up the hill and you will come to a sign pointing left to secret lake 3miles and right to the medow that follows the water. If you follow the sign to go left its a lot of up and down but this route is shorter. If you follow the medow the first half of your trip is flat followed by a consistent climb up with a few switch backs making this way longer. We took the medow trail hiking out being that it's all downhill/flat from secret lake. As far as the lake it was a little hazy this summer (2016) and our katadyn vario frequently got clogged requiring a breakdown every 2 bottles. There wasn't much activity on the water but there are fish. If you like crawfish you are at the right place because there are thousands of them, just need fishing line and a slimjim. Best campsite is on the far side of the lake.

Nice easy trail established camp sites. There are some interesting trails around for day hikes as well.

Beautiful hike along the river on the way to secret lake. Elevation gain was minimal, but the views were fantastic. Hiking along the river is beautiful. Great hike to get out and soak in the view of the eastern Sierras or to get to some nice trout fishing lakes. Also enjoyed cooling off with a swim in Secret Lake. Went in mid June and didn't see any snow this year. The free parking can fill up on the weekends.

Awesome!!!

One of my favorite hikes. I like to go in early June depending on the snow. You will not be disappointed and make sure you bring a fishing rod. I have ran across a couple of rattle snakes later in the year and check yourself for ticks.

Leavitt Meadows is one of our favorite camping spots, a quick trip over the pass from our home in Sonora, CA. For my husband, there's good fishing nearby in the West Walker River, and for me and Copper, there's this beautiful hike past Secret and Roosevelt Lakes to lovely Lane Lake (which was unfairly described as "murky and shallow" in my "Best Short Hikes in California's Northern Sierra - A Guide to Day Hikes near Campgrounds" by Karen & Terry Whitehill). My pooch Copper and I took this hike on a clear summer day. There was some tree cover, but it was pretty warm. We encountered few other hikers but did come across a llama pack outfit! I cooled down by dangling my feet in the cool lake water (a crawdad nibbled at my toes). Copper got very hot on the return trip along the West Walker River trail which was exposed the entire afternoon with very hot, loose shale on the trail.