Laurel Canyon - Bommer Ridge Loop

Laurel Canyon - Bommer Ridge Loop is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Laguna Beach, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

easy, shady, and relaxing

Laurel Canyon, in and out, is one of the few mostly shaded trails in Orange County. Up hill mostly but nothing difficult to climb over. I've seen lots of children on this hike as well. If you stick to the In/out and don't take Bommer-Willow Trail back to the parking lot, you won't run into many mountain bikes, as they're not allowed on Laurel Trail past the Stagecoach Trail cutoff. Keep going on Upper Laurel past Laurel Spur-Bommer Trail and you'll see numerous huge canyon live oaks. Laurel Canyon takes on a completely different character as you come back down.

You are not alone in there!!!! Lots of people and lots of creatures.

Wonderful trail, very relaxing!

Great! Watch out for mountain bikes!

It was fun! A friend and I went, and while we don't consider ourselves beginners, we're definitely not at the intermediate level yet-- some parts were a little steep and we took a break. Too dry for any water activity, but you can see where the water once flowed. Great views!

NO DOGS!!

I took the big bend trail up which can get very steep at some points and a little exhausting. When I got to the top of big bend trail I went left onto the boomer ridge trail to the next intersection at which point I took the boat trail all the way out to guana point I think it's called. Got some great pictures of the sunset of three ocean and the rolling hills of laguna. However that came at a cost. No moon tonight means it was super dark on the trail, at around 8:30 I had to break out the flash light on my phone.

overall its a great hike with some spectacular views. if you feel up to it try doing a little trail running. Afterwards you will feel accomplished but oh so sore

Beautiful trail with some nice ocean views and vantage points. The trail itself is well kept and there are rangers on duty at the base of the main trailhead. The map location marker is wrong though. You need to take the 133 South and go just pass El Toro, then the trailhead will be on your right. If that parking lot is full, you can drive down another mile to the next one and start on the backside of the trails. Great trail for hiking and biking, I recommend both.

Pretty awsome trail that leads you to views of Laguna Beach. Rolling hills has a few soft sand patches and links to many other trails and single tracks.

This is a pretty easy hike, unless you are a brand new hiker. The first few times, I had difficulty on the two uphills. After that, it was a pretty straight walk, with a little bit of uneven terrain.
Overall, I enjoy this hike and have gone on it several times now.