Lake Trails Loop

Lake Trails Loop is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Fairfield, CA that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Take the Old Ranch Rd to the Lake Front Trail. Return via the Bay Area Ridge Trail

Spent a few hours doing a big loop through the park. It wasn't spectacular I terms of views, especially with construction of a housing development that goes right up to the park's fenceline. Hot, grassy, hilly. There's a cave you can visit, but it's sad if you climb up to it, covered in graffiti and full of broken glass, bottles, and other detritus. I also found the multitude of short, crisscrossing trails poorly signed, but the park isn't big enough to truly get lost in.

Good afternoon hike! We're beginners; it took us about an hour to get to the cave (via the lower quarry trail) and back. The lower trail was easy but heading up the to cave I'd recommend good shoes. I had flip flops on and it was a little dirty/difficult. We attempted to go all the way to the cave, if you have children or dogs, I wouldn't recommend as it's steep and has some loose gravel. The lower trail didn't have as many nice views as the hike up to the cave. However, it was very shady and leisurely. There are a few other trails to explore here! Also, be prepared to park on the street or pay for parking.

Lots of trails to follow! Signs everywhere so you can easily find your way. Cave, lake, and trails all beautiful and fun to hike!

A beautiful area for sure. Not actually a loop trail but a multitude of shorter trails criss crossing and intertwining.
Looks like an amazing mountain bike area(was wishing I had mine)
The only downside was that the humans don't take out what they bring in. I saw literally dozens of plastic water bottles throw along the trails and in bushes and that sucks. Other trash as well.
But still some beautiful views to take in.

Did this trail with a large group. Overall it's a nice area great views of the valley and the vineyards on the backside of the hills. Be careful of the mountain bikers who also share the trails. Great for a training hike (we made a figure 8 that consisted of about 7.5 miles), not great for a challenge unless you're just starting out as a hiker.

Warm day for a hike but found an awesome cave with great views. Trails are well marked.

A little boring for hiking, but looks like an excellent mountain bike park. If I were riding this, the trail would probably get a four star.

I was there for about two and a half hours from start to finish. I'm pretty I looped around every trail I could find there. The time just flew by. I walked ten miles total. It was a very easy walk. A few small inclines and declines, but nothing crazy.

What i belive thay are talking about is this park called Rockville Hills Regional Park. which is not where the red dot is on the map. google rockwille fairfield CA. It takes $3 to get in. great for GeoCachers if the rangers give you problems just inform them what your doing.