Crystal Lake Trail

Crystal Lake Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Azusa, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Azusa, CA: Travel San Gabriel Canyon Road 25 miles north to the Crystal Lake Recreation Area

Nice little hike. Pretty site, lake not so much. But still nice when is all packed with snow!

This is a great hike if you want to Experience your first Snow hike. I didn't have Snow Spikes and wish I did. I did fall once at the start walking to the general store. But after I took out my Trekking Pokes all was well.

It was my first snow hike and it was so much fun. The Lake was Frozen but still a beautiful view.

We did take a detour but found the Lake nonetheless.

This trail is short and sweet, but I wish I could say the same about the lake. It is overgrown with algae and the water level is very low. It is an easy walk around the entire lake and right now there are nice yellow and green flowers growing near the shoreline. And of course you'll hear the music of a thousand insects.

Great