Lake Natoma Trail

Lake Natoma Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orangevale, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Mostly flat, lots of bikes, which is expected of course, and lots of other walkers/joggers. I found it quite annoying that people with tank sized strollers blocked entire sides of the bike lane while walking on incorrect side of the bike trail but that's always the case anywhere along the American River Trail system. The plus side is a lot of opportunity to get off main trail to explore, plus the lake of course to jump in when it's hot.

One of my favorite local morning hikes. I usually start in Historic Folsom. Free parking and the old power plant is interesting. Cross over the truss bridge to the north trail since it is less shaded and the mornings are cooler then use the more shaded southern trail passing the CSUS Aquatic Center for the way back. Don't feel like you have to stay on the paved bike trail. Lots of dirt trails with great river access run parallel and more enjoyable. Enjoy the fish hatchery and aquatic center and make a day of it. Plenty of places in Historic Folsom to eat and drink both before and after the hike. PS - I always get closer to 13 miles.

We walk this one with our double stroller. It's a beautiful walk from start to finish. We start from Main Ave/Dredger Way in OV, and walk towards Folsom/Negro Bar to a good stopping point along the river. This trail tends to get a ton of bikers, so be prepared for that.

Great place to hike! Really love this big open area. Feels like you can get lost here if you manage to ignore the sounds of the Hwy 50 traffic. Other than that it feels like you have the whole place to yourself. Plenty of wild life, scenic hills you can scramble up for a view of the lake and the surrounding foothills of the Sierra. Lots of densely forested areas with accessible trails for all levels. If you do not respect nature then stay the hell out!

Decent hike for being close but I wouldn't travel to far for this one. Did the whole loop and ended up doing 12.7 miles due to a detour on the trail as you get closer to Old Folsom. The loop is mostly on a paved bike trail so keep and eye out for bikers cause there are many. I brought my dog and they are allowed as long as they are one a leash but keep in mind on a hot day the pavement will be to much for their paws and dog boots are mandatory.

Easy and fun

Great day to hike, watch people fish, run, bike and enjoy nature!..great for the entire family!

nice one ... the river bank is serene and cool

it's been a while since I have done any regular hiking and my boyfriend and I want to start doing it more so we figured we would give this one a try. it was a good hike/walk. thinks to keep in mind when preparing for it. Sunscreen and a hat are a must! I'm pretty fair and my boy friend is darker, we both got burnt, me worse than him but it is still noticable. bring lots of water if you're going to do it as a good part of the trail is without cover. there are several picnic tables on the folsom side. I suggest walking until you fine one with a view of the lake. it was a good starter. I think shorter hikes with the pups for a little while before we try to tackle another longer one.

Really fun trail on mountain bike with a good mix of trail types. A good deal of fun single track.

Great trail, even tho bikers are a bit rude even if you stay on your lane. Other than that is great!!!
Kids love skipping rocks.
We start behind Dos Coyotes.

A lot of cyclist because it is made for them. Preferred terrain instead of pavement coz is not good for your feet and legs if not use to it but we still did 12miles. So not bad for the goal but will not be back unless we get into cycling

I love the trails. The only down side is that some of the bikers don't like having pedestrians on the trails, even though we stay in our lane.