Lake Natoma Trail

Lake Natoma Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orangevale, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

Easy and fun

Great day to hike, watch people fish, run, bike and enjoy nature!..great for the entire family!

nice one ... the river bank is serene and cool

it's been a while since I have done any regular hiking and my boyfriend and I want to start doing it more so we figured we would give this one a try. it was a good hike/walk. thinks to keep in mind when preparing for it. Sunscreen and a hat are a must! I'm pretty fair and my boy friend is darker, we both got burnt, me worse than him but it is still noticable. bring lots of water if you're going to do it as a good part of the trail is without cover. there are several picnic tables on the folsom side. I suggest walking until you fine one with a view of the lake. it was a good starter. I think shorter hikes with the pups for a little while before we try to tackle another longer one.

Really fun trail on mountain bike with a good mix of trail types. A good deal of fun single track.

Great trail, even tho bikers are a bit rude even if you stay on your lane. Other than that is great!!!
Kids love skipping rocks.
We start behind Dos Coyotes.

A lot of cyclist because it is made for them. Preferred terrain instead of pavement coz is not good for your feet and legs if not use to it but we still did 12miles. So not bad for the goal but will not be back unless we get into cycling

I love the trails. The only down side is that some of the bikers don't like having pedestrians on the trails, even though we stay in our lane.

geocaching

Super

Very easy trail. We saw 2 deers today.

One of my favorite local trails.

This was a great easy trail. Minor elevation changes. About 11.5 miles total. There were a good amount of bikers and joggers but it wasn't terrible. If you try and start at Negro Bar Park like I did, you end up paying 10.00 to park. I highly recommend parking on a side street somewhere nearby. The whole trail was paved but there are plenty of offshoots to go on which are dirt.

Wonderful workout, beautiful view and great tan lol

The directions given from the app shoot you up into a residential area where you have to park then follow a chain link fence down to the lake, but there were tons of much better options to park at that we saw once we were down there. It was steep and hot on the way back up. Should have done more research but anyhow! Once down there the lake is lovely and the bike trail rapped around the lake is paved and wide enough for everyone. Everyone we encountered were super nice and cautious. We took our German shepherd, she loved the water and watching the ducks. Only thing she didn't love was the HOT pavement on her paws so it may be best to not go on a hot day with your dog. We were on the more exposed side but altogether it was a lovely trip. Will definitely be going back for kayaking.

Beautiful trail on the east side, very scenic. West side more exposed to sun with little shade. Wide enough on paved area to let cyclists pass easily, but some of the off road walking paths were a little tight for bikers to ride around. Some good bird watching in the area. Very dog friendly.