Lake Hollywood Trail

Lake Hollywood Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

An easy, pretty walk around the Hollywood Reservoir.

11 minutes ago

A level and scenic run with lots of pretty views. The walkers and other runners were friendly and greeted us along the way. Being visitors from out of town, we appreciated that.

I loved this route. I was able to ride my bike the loop twice! I will be revisiting this trail again.

Really enjoyed it, mostly because it was stroller friendly and nice views!

They paved paradise and put up a barbed wire fence. Still a nice walk after work if your local. For out of towners (and locals), it has great views of the Hollywood sign, lake, dam and a glimpse of the city below. Despite the asphalt, chain link fence and proximity to a major metropolitan area, it's a surprising quiet and picturesque stroll. The only noise is from the occasional helicopter buzzing the Hollywood sign.

Views are awesome

A wonderful view of the Hollywood sign and reservoir, but is easily interrupted by the asphalt path and barbed wire fence along 100% of the hike.

Oh and a stop sign!!!! for traffic...where it gets residential, midway around and and you have to cross to the sidewalk!!!! cars go speeding around that curve and dangerous!!

Need some benches along the route (in the shade) and should fill in the parking lot...real bad on your tires.
Could use a few more bathrooms...some garbage cans and maybe some workout bars of some type. Water fountains are new but they're few and far between.

Otherwise I love this place!!!!!!!

It would be a perfect walk but beware... It's just a service road so it's all pavement. Also, the path is lined with a chain-linked fence. If you can look past that then the view is fantastic.

The best!

nice and easz Treppeltour

Easy walk on paved surface. Dam is interesting. It's amazing this much green is in the hills.

Easy walk. Saw a couple of deer eating when I first started the trail. Very smooth and pleasant walk through, people were friendly. It had nice scenery of the fenced off lake, lots of trees, a peek at downtown, and the Hollywood sign.

A hidden gem in Los Angeles. Never expect to see a reservoir and an open area. I entered on the other side of the reservoir where they have the asphalt. Not sure if the other side is the same. There's no dirt trails and as I mentioned it's asphalt all the way to the damn. Wasn't disappointed since this area I discovered amazed me. It sucks that most of the area of the reservoir is fenced off. If you're lucky, you'll get to see a deer. That's right a deer in that area.

Also this reservoir area is big. It may be small but the openness of the area for that size is big in Los Angeles / Hollywood.

Parking is free, parking is on a steep hill of a neighborhood. I parked far away from other cars so I won't hit a car near me and be careful when you get directions because there's a dog park or park called Lake Hollywood park. You can park there but it will be far from the location of the reservoir.

very easy trail , hard to believe this lake , trail and surrounding trees are in the middle of our city.

Lovely setting in the heart of the Hollywood Hills. A simple hike/walk and picnic with the family on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

After going non stop for a week it's hard to get out on your only day off. I was exhausted, sore, and in a bad mood. My girlfriend suggested this route a few weeks ago, and it was just the ticket. The loop of the lake is 3.3 miles and the elevation change is only about 180ft (although I never felt it). It is very pretty and interesting...not too crowded either. Unfortunately there was a helicopter or plane flying over every few minutes......people getting a birds eye view of the Hollywood sign probably. If you went on a weekday I am sure this would not be a problem. This would rank higher, but there is just too much chain link and too many warning signs. All that said, it is still worth a visit. Oh, and you can add a few hundred feet elevation and a half mile by parking at the top of the hill (which for some reason I decided to do even in my condition).