Lake Alpine Trail

Lake Alpine Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice views... Nice little flat EASY walk. No reason to be rated moderate. Camped there with my kids and my 4 yr old walked it with us many, many moons ago.

off road driving

Breath taking veiws

I visited Lake Alpine since I was 9 years old at the STOCKTON YMCA camp. I spent most of my summers here exploring the surrounding areas for many years into adulthood. I know this area like the back of my hand.
I snowshoed, crossX skied, explored area before Robert Conrad built his beautiful house behind the "Dead Indian" ridge. Explored areas between Highland Lakes to Lake Alpine. If you look hard enough you might just find my initials on rocks trees. Stayed at Duck Lake Cowboy Camp to wait out a blizzard. I did one 3-day winter survival training session at Lake Alpine.

Pretty trail around a pretty little lake. Very easy.