Kumeyaay Lake Trail

Kumeyaay Lake Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

part of the loop is closed.

Great walk for the morning. I took my puppy and he loved it!

There were literally no other people there (using the lake trail at least) at 6 pm on a summer Thursday. It was easy going once we found the lake. We started out in the wrong direction, oops. You can't see the lake most of the way from the righthand trail. There is a lot of overgrowth both behind the fence and on the path. It is often one person wide. The trail ends after awhile to protect the breeding ground of a native species. We didn't complete the lefthand side because I was wearing flip flops, but it seemed like you had a better view of the lake. Nice quiet little walk.

I have two littles in tow so this was a perfect "hike" for us. We walked the trail and then played by the water for a long time. Great for kids, not crowded, and has shady places to play.

This was a nice trail however you can only go half way around because the northeast side of the lake is fenced off. Our walk ended up being just 1 mile instead of two.

Clean, not too crowded with no elevation. It is also very dog friendly! A great way to start your Sunday.