Kitchen Creek Falls Trail

Kitchen Creek Falls Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Valley, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a moderate hike along the Pacific Crest Trail out to a series of waterfalls at Kitchen creek. The trailhead is just off the highway and easy to find. The terrain and trail are easy to navigate although there are some steep parts near the water which you can choose to avoid. There is ample space to lounge by the water so I would suggest you plan on hanging out for a bit before heading back!

44 minutes ago

Beautiful easy hike. Some slippery rocks though, wear shoes with good grips.

Nice trail to the creek. Very light rain, beautiful weather in May. Wife & 1 year-old son went along (son was carried in "Tula") enjoyed lunch at the creek (we were a little unprepared as it was a little cold, so take a sweater :)

Awesome hike!

Fun little hike. Didn't even know it existed. Water coming down through the rocks made for some fun pics. Definitely worth trying if you're in east county area!

We were expecting more water flow following the recent rains...but it was a nice hike.

It's a nice hike with most of the trail clear cut. Although it does get narrow with some low lying overgrowth. A small amount of rock hopping to get to where the falls would, but not much water flowing this time if year.

It got very warm in spots where there was no breeze, so remember to bring plenty of water. Went through 2L of water by the time i got back to the parking area.

Will come back in the early Spring to check out the falls.

glad to see some water at the creek. Nice hike

We parked at the old bus stop. We walked a few feet across the street and started our hike. The noise from the 8 was not an issue. One of the reviews read, " the turn off to the falls was at 2.2 miles in. When we reached 2.2 miles in, sure enough, there was the not so well marked fork in the trail. Take it to the left, and you will hit the creek in about 5 minutes. We walked up stream for about 1/4 mile, took some great pictures and just enjoyed the view. We then headed back downstream for about 1/2 mile until we reached the top tier to the falls. The rocks were very slick and we did not want to risk it trying to climb down to the lower falls. Good day with good company and will definitely go back

The side trail is a bit hard to spot, and the hike down to the "falls" is a bit steep. I put Falls in quotations because there's currently no water there. Still a pretty nice hike though, and an interesting area to explore.

oops... I just joined AllTrails and forgot to click the stars on my first review... I give this trail 4 enthusiastic stars!

I'm 62 years old, have always loved hiking, and thoroughly loved this trail. It's the first hike I've done in several months, and was a perfect one to get back into it. The scenery is beautiful-- it's early November, and we experienced SoCal's version of autumn color in all its glory on the cottonwoods and willows. This is a relatively easy hike, involving some level 1 scrambling to get down to the falls area in the creekbed. Due to the drought we've been experiencing, the creek and falls were bone dry. But the beauty of the polished granite creekbed was proof of water rushing through the area for eons. Several reviews described freeway noise and trouble finding the side-trail descending from the PCT to the falls area. I didn't even notice the freeway noise. The trail to the falls isn't marked, but it's the only side-trail off the PCT in the area, so it's easy to recognize. The trail down to the falls is at exactly the 2.25 mile mark.
I look forward to doing this trail again after we get some rain, whenever that may be!

Great hike has a lot of awesome views! Didn't really mind the noise of the cars at all. When I went though the water had dried out so I'll go again soon.

The first hour you still hear and often see the highway. Once it is gone the fun starts. It is a easy hike with some moderate views. However once you get down at the river bed it is truly wonderful. I decided not to backtrack to the car but instead just follow the river down. It was difficult at certain points but definitely rewarding. I only would suggest this if you like some adventure and medium rockclimbing.

Easy-going trail that winds up the view you can see from the 8 on the way there. We ended up missing the turn offs to the falls - not obvious at all so keep an eye out! No crazy boulders though and the flowers in the spring were wonderful!

IS this trail open right now? It says only until May...

Definitely park at the bus stop. You need to cross the street to find the trail. Once your on the trail you will need to take a left when the trail forks otherwise you will be hiking and hiking and hiking, only to see the water down below you. This step is crucial, and it is easily missed. There isn't a trail marker pointing in the correct direction so you will need to trust me on this one. It gets a bit steep after you hang a left but its worth it when you get there. Also, there isn't enough water to swim in unless you like sliding around on algae. All in all a very pleasant hike with the kids.

Great hike! My wife and I had a blast. We also had no trouble finding the falls. If you go far enough, and there's water flowing, it would be hard to miss. There was a Pacific Crest Trail sign and a nice rock pile to let you know you've arrived at "the spot". All we did was follow the off-shoot to the falls from there.

We parked at the Boulder Oaks Campground, but the best parking is right by the bus stop just before the entrance to the campground. That's were most hikers park.