King's Canyon Loop Trail

King's Canyon Loop Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Canyon, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Explore the Beauty of upper San Leandro Reservoir. This location offers excellent views and sense of being fully immersed in a natural setting. The trails connect to Anthony Chabot Region park and Redwood regional Park Start on the Riche Lop trail, then take the Rimmer Creek trail to the King's Canyon Loop Trail. Continue onto the Rocky Ridge Trail if you are feeling ambitious

Great view. Lots of shade. Easy long hiking.

A lot more shade than I was expecting but most was uncovered. Got lost by avoiding a do not enter sign and walked approx an additional 1.5 miles uphill. Made for fun stories later but my legs were killing me. I'm not in the best shape so I would rate this trail as moderate. If you do the whole thing it's pretty tiring. Dogs are ok here so I may bring mine again but all were off leash which is technically not allowed.

Absolutely gorgeous hike! Wild flowers everywhere, beautiful scenery, challenging terrain. Initial Kings Canyon Trail marker is not very clear though. When starting the trail, go the opposite direction the first marker is telling you to go, and you'll be fine.

Not a mtb trail!!

No shade at all on the trail, which is killer on a hot day. Nice bench at the almost-mid-mark to eat lunch. Took 2hrs 40min to walk (excluding break time). Lots of dry grass, typical California scenery. Good exercise.

Nice trail but their are alot of bees.Also you are suposto have a permit to be able to use trail. I didn't have a permit parked anyway luckily no tickets when I got back to my car.

King Canyon Loop is a nice walk with a good multitude of scenery. You will share the trail with horses, families, bird watchers and dog walkers. There are some sweat inducing climbs and beautiful views. The trial is nice and wide but does get narrow for a small portion. It is easy to find and there is ample parking. I imagine it can get crowded there on the weekend as I went on a weekday morning and crossed paths with a quite a few other outdoor enthusiasts.