Johnson's Pasture Trail

Johnson's Pasture Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, CA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Bring water. If you plan to use this trail as a starting point for exploration, please have a map of the area to help you find your way.

Enjoyable hike with the dogs

Better walking/hiking

Trail will give you a good little kick. Not a ton to see but great views at certain points. Much better than the "the loop" considering it isn't littered with people.

Well the trail is still closed due to health issues and dangers

temporarily closed due to potential threats to health and or safety and welfare of the public.

The stairs are a little bit of a killer, but no pain no gain.

Beautiful scenic views and plenty of shade. Bring lots of water. Recommended for families.

Directions by GPS dropped me in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Uhhhh, I don't think this is the right place.

Not much to view, but a decent hike when it comes to difficulty.

Not a trail with much to see. If you go to far you run into another trail and if you don't turn around you could easily be doing a 12 mile hike. Don't think I'm going to be doing this one again.

Just completed 3.6 mile loop with Gale Mountain Motorway. Gorgeous views!

@Marc Nitz - I read the signs as permit required FROM DUSK TO DAWN. I and many others parked on the street no problem.

Where is the trailhead for this trail? In the early '90s we could park at the cul-de-sac of Via Santa Catarina off of N. Mountain Ave. (north of Claremont). I drove by there last week and it said "parking by permit only". Why have a TH but require a permit?

Awsome trail!! Happy Happy Happy!!

Hiked this trail for the first time today (7/25/13) with my friend. It was a nice little hike. Good workout but nothing to look forward to. The view is just of peoples backyards. This trail is definitely just for people who seek to get a workout.

Miraculous valley views from the top! Lots of steps & switchbacks. My 5 & 7 year old children complained the entire way up, but it was cake the way down. Near the trailhead their is a great park called Higginbotham Park, with water, clean restrooms & picnic benches. This trail wasn't too crowded & the views made it rewarding! We saw stellar Blue Jays! Summertime the posted hours are until 8pm. Fun family hike! Would also be good for training!

Great hike, tough for novice hikers. I backpack it in about two hours but it can be challenging. I suggest doing it in the morning or evening because it can get really hot on the trail. Great local place to hike.

I am a hiking novice and completely enjoyed this trail. I and several friends completed this just this past Sunday and was able to complete the hike in 5.5 hours. We could have finished much faster if not for the two German shepherd puppies we brought and of course the occasional stopping for pictures. Overall I think this is a good test trail or the movie hiker. This will open the eyes of a newbie, if he/she will invest on this initially expensive hobby. Will and have recommended already!