Jim Green Trail

Jim Green Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Atascadero, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My new favorite place to hike.
It's more like a nice walk in a forest. If you speed up the pace you could probably get a workout out of it, but otherwise makes for a nice relaxing walk.

Great trail with a few challenges

A little gem in A-town. Well maintained and fun for a quick walk.

Great!!!

Nice, short, well=marked trail that has a easy up-and-down moments. If you are limited on time and want a quick workout this is the trail for you. Parking is limited.

Nice short hike. The views are beautiful and our dogs loved it. There were a good number of people using the trail but it didn't feel too crowded at all.

Quick hike, and it's not rocky so it's a good trail to run/mountain bike. Will be back.

Nice trail to take your dog.

Short hike, good place to take dogs for a walk.

Best trail in Atascadero :) Our go-to when we just need to get out and go for a quick walk.

I run this trail on a regular basis. I start my run where Arcade Road and El Corte meet. There is a driveway and a trail that branches off to the right. This trail eventually meets up with the actual Jim Green Trail a little under .5 miles in. You have to go down a rather steep incline and through an opening in a chain link fence to access the main trail. It is a beautiful dirt trail with nice views of Atascadero hills and the Chalk Mountain Golf Course. It is very hilly and as a runner it is a good challenge (meaning it kicks my butt every time). I wish it were a bit longer so that I didn't have to run on the streets to get my distance in (I do a 5k). It is a well-used trail, but not crowded. A lot of horses use the trail and many people walking their dogs. Unfortunately I have run into quite a few people who do not keep their dogs on a leash, which I get, but I really don't want your dog chasing me regardless if you think he or she is nice/friendly :/

I liked this trail, has a lot of up and down hills. It is a very nice short walk with beautiful trees.

I just finished the trail for the first time. My daughters were ready to turn back at the half-way point, so I didn't get to see the whole thing. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the shade through much of the trail. Those oaks are beautiful with the Spanish moss. I was a little concerned about the pot-holes in the trail. If you're not careful, you'll twist an ankle. Overall, a very nice trail. You forget that you're near civilization still.

Good training trail to get in shape for mountain biking, a few steep but short inclines are good strength builders if you ride trail a few times in a row. Very quick, less than 10 minutes per loop.

Love this trail. Some nice little inclines and several short cuts too if you are on a time crunch. Also dog friendly.