Jennie Lake Trail

Jennie Lake Trail is a 12.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Springville, CA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The trail was dirt with some gravel and rock in places. Some trees had fallen over the trail and had not been cut so you'll have to go around them. There is an tricky spot about three miles in, there is a small pass like area that is used as a rest stop. If your not careful you may miss the fact that the trail does not pass through this area but to the side of it so you may not see the trail. Higher up there are some rocky areas that have ducks to mark the trail so keep and eye out.

Great hike....There is a lot of foot traffic though. I would recommend for trail runners. Very clean lake with beautiful views.

Hiked thus trail probably ten times, and run the entire loop once. A beautiful Lake, great location.

I enjoyed a 3 day trip out here. There are some slippery spots but it is definitely worth the steep inclines. Not as many people as I'm use to seeing on other hikes, which was a nice change.

If your up for a challenge, Jennie lake is the trail for you. We started from Stoney creek and its 2.5 miles of steady stright up hill, after that it gets a little easy for a little less than a mile of stright trail. Then it's another 2 likes of rocky up hill terrain. Last mile is all down hill with amazing views of granite rock all around. Lake was beautiful & sparking clean.

It's a steady uphill hike. Take your time hiking up if you're not in the best of shape. There are some great views throughout the hike.

Son and I decided to go on a simple overnight hike to break in the summer. Chose Jennie Lake out of convenience since it’s about a 45 minute drive to Big Meadows from my house. Despite the option for the shorter Fox Meadow trailhead hike I opted for Big Meadows which apparently adds about 1.5 miles. We started off strong moving at a pretty good pace and although slowed up a bit towards the last part of the climb we reached the top of Poop out Pass with relatively no issues. Working our way down towards Jennie, locating the trail became somewhat tricky with the winter snows melting away into running streams that at times flowed down parts of the trail and at others obscured different parts. This definitely slowed us up, and despite our focus to stay on the trail we found ourselves doubling back a couple times. Once we grew closer to the lake snow cover became a new challenge covering large parts of the trail. The hike ended up taking us a little longer than expected but with minimal hiking experience we accomplished what we set out to do and we were well rewarded with the beauty of Jennie Lake.

Awesome trail. Only a couple of moderate climbs on the way in including one called Poop Out Pass which is only about 1/4 mile long. I was pretty worn out once we got to the lake but was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the hike back out (mostly flat and/or slightly down hill).
Beautiful scenery and mostly shaded trail during the day. This was our first big day hike of the season and we felt that it pushed us in a good way, but not too much.

3rd time to Jennie lake. Fishing usually works out, & this time was no disappointment.
Save yourself 1.5 miles each way by leaving from Fox Meadow opposed to the Big Meadow Trailhead. The logging road is a little rough for cars but doable, easy for a truck or SUV.

Beautiful views. Good spots to camp at Jennie lake

Not for the faint of heart. Beatifulf country, though crowded lake in peak seadon.

Absolutely beautiful with breath-taking views. Very strenuous for the not-so-avid hiker. After Poopout Pass we nicknamed it "Jennie Craig Lake". The water was clear, the view spectacular, and totally worth the blisters on my feet!

This is a beautiful spot in the Sequoias it is a simple hike to reach the lake. The hardest part is poop out pass it is tiring but not to difficult. This is a well known lake so on the weekends it sees a lot of traffic but the week days are not as crowded. This is a great spot for a quick get away or a gear shakedown. Worth checking out but you wont be alone.

I took this way to Jennie lake with some rookie hikers and when we got to Poopout pass that's exactly what they were. We never went down to Jennie lake. Next time I'm starting at Big Meadow.

Be prepared for a long hike that is mostly up hill, the way back is cake compared to the way there. If you are an adventurer like myself and like to take long sprints off trail I suggest bringing 2-way radios (mine saved my life lol). A buddy and I probably veered off course about 5 miles and had no clue where we were at. Luckily we had 2-way radios, ABC watches, and plenty of water! Eventually we found our way with the ranges of the walkies fading in/out, altitude, compass, and yelling for the rest of our group and getting yells in response (which only works once you have closed the distance lol). Back to the hike, it was amazing and kept me satisfied the entire time, a lot good photos out of it as well.

Great summer trip for all active people. Leaving from Big Meadows Trail Head, the trail never gets terribly steep. Nice gradual up hill for the duration with some open vistas along the way. The lake is Beautiful.

We felt that this hike was difficult because it was mostly an increase in elevation. We started at Stoney Creek campgrounds and we only got to the Poop out pass. I had four beginners with me and they were really pooped out. We just rested at Poop Out Pass and then returned. We never made it to the lake. I'll have to start from Fox Meadow next time

We felt that this hike was difficult because it was mostly an increase in elevation. We started at Stoney Creek campgrounds and we only got to the Pooped out pass. I had four beginners with me and they were really pooped out. We never made it to the lake. I'll have to start from Fox Meadow next time.