Indian Trail Loop at Pipe's Canyon

Indian Trail Loop at Pipe's Canyon is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pioneertown, CA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

High Desert Experience above Yucca Valley and Pioneertown, California. This is a hike that begins at the Wildlands Conservancy Ranger Station at Pipe's Canyon. The route is along Pipe's canyon trail to Indian Trail Loop, to the Chapparosa Peak Trail, back to the Ranger Station. It's a high desert adventure. The attraction is desert landscape, canyons, a little scrambling, rock formations, and especially one fabulous view point. Elevation is 4000 - 5000 feet elevation. The trail is "fairly well" marked (a GPX might be helpful though, since my first time there I got off trail). There are now some trail markers throughout. This GPX does not go to Chapparosa Peak (only .6 miles off the loop, out and back). My recommendation having not been there is - do go there, my bet is it's a nice view there as well. It was recommended to me to do the counter-clockwise direction since the portion on Indian Trail is the steepest area (best taken uphill). I was on my butt once, though most of you won't have to do even that if taken counter-clockwise. FYI - compared to the nearby saw tooth trail, 2/3 in my group preferred the latter longer saw tooth hike for scenery. Both were felt by all to be worthwhile however.