Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve

Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Winters, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

It was nice and long hike! Make sure you bring a lot of water. It's hot and dry!

it's a great hike, nice views. bring lots of water with you. it's dry and it gets hella hot.

My husband and I hike this trail frequently. Great trail for a quick workout! Beautiful views along the ridge. Be sure to carry lots of water if you go in the summer heat!

It is a short hike. Moderate to easy. For me is was moderate as I took breaks, for my son it was easy he is 21 and is very active. Closed until May 15 2016

Closed until May 2016.

trail closed... estimated re-opening May 15, 2016 :((

Nice views on the ridge of Lake Beryessa

Great hike without having to drive far. Great views at the top, however I would rate this on the higher end of moderate. We packed a lunch and ate at the top.

Great trail, not too far from Sacramento. I took Homestead trail to Blue Ridge trail & was rewarded with beautiful views. The trail is clean & well-maintained. Plenty of shady sections on the trail. Lots of poison oak/ivy however. Must watch where you step. I'll come back to this trail!

We started on this trail and continued on the blue ridge trail to complete the loop. LOTS of steps, but definitely worth the gorgeous scenery. Bring lots of water!! One large water bottle per person was not enough for us. Look out for lots of lizards. Love this hike.

Loved this trail. It is a little bit of a challenge I will say I loved it but if your not a hiker it will make your Glutes burn all the way to the top. Tip: Start at the end and come back to the start. It is just up the road a little bit and makes it so nice on the way out. I will do this hike many more times it was a perfect day!

Did the loop to overlook Lake Berryessa.

Great for first time hiker,my first time out it was great,

This trail, just outside of Winters, CA, is a nice little jaunt for a Sunday morning. In the spring there are some nice wild flowers, and during heavy rainfall winters, the creek can get pretty full and is great. There is only one point where you have to cross the creek, and there is no bridge, just rocks, so if the creek is VERY full, you might have to get wet a bit. The Homestead Trail is only the first part of a 4.75mi loop trail, which is the best thing to do, as it overlooks Lake Berryessa at the top. From the homestead to the top is pretty steep, so bring water. From the start of the HS trail to the top is almost all in the shade. This trail makes a great running trai to train on, although since it goes up, then down, there's a lot of downhill. After a rain there are plenty of slippery parts of this trai. I believe dogs are not allowed. One more notable tidbit: there's lots of poison oak along this trail.