Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve

Homestead Trail, Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Winters, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great fall hike, not too hot. nice views at the summit. Not an easy hike though, lots of scrambling at the top along the ridge.

I love this hike. Great view at the top. Perfect length when doing the full loop. Waterfall during the rainy/wet season. Summer gets a bit hot and dry.
Medium crowds here, you will run into a lot of people. A bit of boulder climbing on the summit. I enjoy trail running here and power walking the intense incline areas.

The trail is much rougher since being reopened after the fires. Very dry, very hot, almost no shade. You need way more water than you think you'll need and the trail takes longer to hike than you'd expect. I'd rate it moderate to strenuous. Even the groups of twenty somethings were cursing this trail halfway through. There is also zero phone reception here. My girlfriend broke her leg here and I had to hike out, drive down the road to a pay phone to get help, and then she had to be airlifted out. The rescue crew said they have to airlift people out of there at least a couple times a month.

It was nice and long hike! Make sure you bring a lot of water. It's hot and dry!

it's a great hike, nice views. bring lots of water with you. it's dry and it gets hella hot.

My husband and I hike this trail frequently. Great trail for a quick workout! Beautiful views along the ridge. Be sure to carry lots of water if you go in the summer heat!

It is a short hike. Moderate to easy. For me is was moderate as I took breaks, for my son it was easy he is 21 and is very active. Closed until May 15 2016

Closed until May 2016.

trail closed... estimated re-opening May 15, 2016 :((

Nice views on the ridge of Lake Beryessa

Great hike without having to drive far. Great views at the top, however I would rate this on the higher end of moderate. We packed a lunch and ate at the top.

Great trail, not too far from Sacramento. I took Homestead trail to Blue Ridge trail & was rewarded with beautiful views. The trail is clean & well-maintained. Plenty of shady sections on the trail. Lots of poison oak/ivy however. Must watch where you step. I'll come back to this trail!

We started on this trail and continued on the blue ridge trail to complete the loop. LOTS of steps, but definitely worth the gorgeous scenery. Bring lots of water!! One large water bottle per person was not enough for us. Look out for lots of lizards. Love this hike.

Loved this trail. It is a little bit of a challenge I will say I loved it but if your not a hiker it will make your Glutes burn all the way to the top. Tip: Start at the end and come back to the start. It is just up the road a little bit and makes it so nice on the way out. I will do this hike many more times it was a perfect day!