Hills For Everyone Trail

Hills For Everyone Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chino Hills, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from January until October.

60 west to 71 south. exit 7 for soquel canyon prkway toward central ave. right on sequel canyon left onto elinvar dr you"ll see entrance to your right

I'm a resident, I can bike and hike directly into the State Park from my home, either via roadway to the main entrance or brush hike through Soquel Canyon. First off, the Hills for Everyone Trail is not the 7.1 mile loop that is being shown here, it is far less, maybe 1.5 miles, and it is an easy hike. This map is showing the Hills for Everyone Trail where it intersects at Four Corners, where Raptor Ridge, Telegraph Canyon, Bovinian Delight, and South Ridge trails all meet. Look at the map, and you will see that Bovinian Delight is listed down to where it meets South Ridge Trail, neither of these are Hills for Everyone. This map also has mistakenly named Telegraph Canyon as Bane Canyon. No, it's not Bane Canyon, it's Telegraph. You enter the park on Bane Canyon, which is paved. Hills for Everyone is a small trail that parallels Telegraph Canyon trail, and actually isn't even shown on this map. The northern most section being shown as Hills for Everyone is actually Raptor Ridge and Faultline Trails. This map is really so badly in error, I wish I could correct it somehow.

With that being said, all trails mentioned above are fantastic for being lightly traveled and getting away from the crowds. We have met very few others on the trails when we have traveled into the park. We ride our bikes, and some of the inclines are stout. A good workout walking or biking, you are well rewarded by the amount of isolation and freedom. Bring plenty of water, it can get very hot and dry in our So Cal summers. There is potable water at the main picnic area at the end of Bane Canyon, which is the paved road that you enter the park on, and there is potable water at an overlook of Lower Aliso Canyon, which is near the end of Bane Canyon. Potable water also at the campground near Rolling M Ranch and the entrance station with the restrooms.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a map at the ranger's entrance kiosk or at Four Corners. The trails are listed accurately there.

Oh, BTW, this is not a dog park, contrary to what some may say or hope. Dogs are allowed only on Bane Canyon Road and in Rolling M Ranch and the campgrounds, on a leash at all times. They are NOT allowed in the Discovery Center building, in the backcountry or on the trails. You can and will get a ticket of sighted by a ranger.

canoeing

aa4w 232

Beautiful trial but not really safe for dogs. There's tons of fox tails in the paths but you can walk along the road to keep your furry friend safe. I pulled at least 5 fix tails out of my dogs legs. Saw a snake in the road too so caution is recommended but it really is a beautiful and nice long walk! Lots of people and safe areas to park your car.

We loved it!

It's a beautiful hike it's very long and up hill and a great work out. At the very peek you can see Yorba Linda and a great panoramic view

I love Chino Hills SP. Its close to civilization but once you are in there it feels like you are far away. It isn't like the other big state parks, mostly grass with oak trees dotting the landscape. At first it seems like there isn't much wildlife out there,but if you look closely you'll see deer, owls, coyotes, hawks etc. Great place to hike and bike.

This is a decent area to hike. Not a lot of shade so bring a hat/sun block. I was hiking alone and ran across one of the biggest coyotes I have ever seen. He followed me on much of my hike. Not sure if he was stalking me or was just curious. I would suggest if you are hiking here not to do it alone. The hike is hard but challenging enough to get your heart rate up on some of the hills. It's mostly dirt paths. not a lot of "trails" in the traditional sense.

Trail for everyone is currently closed. Check website for details.

I did this hike with a group of six others this last weekend and loved it! maybe I did a different trail though because we ended up hiking a total of 12 miles. (or maybe I did this trail on top of a couple others?) The group that I went with had done this hike before so they lead the way and I followed. :-)
we were there on a sunday and their were a good amount of mountain bikers taking advantage of the trails and only a handful of other hikers spaced out intermittently along the way.
There is a good amount of uphill hiking on the trails we took but the views throughout were amazing. It is a little dry right now but when you get down into the valleys and look up the skies are so blue and beautiful it doesn't even matter (at least not to me)!
This was my third hike in California and I'm glad to be tacking on some mileage!! I would definitely do this again!

$5 parking, 2 hrs. 6 mile hike, gonna try to beat my time. Started my hike at the Rangers station. It was a gloomy beautiful day, saw 3 coyotes, which scared the crap out of me I also saw, what I believe was, a tarantula! Pretty cool! This trail has the feel of being deep in the mountains. Great views, although it was a cloudy day but a friend told me on clear days you can actually see the ocean.

Horribly ugly! I was mislead by the positive reviews I read on here. I saw no wildlife. 98% of the place is brown and filled with dead stuff. Don't be mislead by the pictures you see on here. You will hardly see any signs of life in real life. There were trucks and cars coming at me on the main hiking trail. It seems like it was beautiful in the past.. But it must of caught on fire. The whole thing is being remodeled and is under construction so I will come here again in the distant future. This place has potential to be beautiful but as of right now, it's not. On a positive note, it was a great work out because there are a lot of hills and its very tranquil.

A portion of the trail I took was overgrown but I think I deviated. I had to pay to get in. I think it was 5-10 bucks. You are not allowed to park on the road but a portion of the trail goes close to a neighborhood so if you map carefully you can hike in from their street. Saw Deer and a mountain lion!

Took my daughters on 2/18/13. Plenty of parking but there's a $5 charge (we started from the rangers station). There's a moderate incline to start but once on top of the ridge it's a smooth, level hike. You're surrounded by rolling hills but no trees. Definitely schedule this for early a.m. (especially during hotter months)...enjoy!

Still closed until further notice as they are making improvements

It's currently closed

Fun to mountain bike. Though it is challenging, it is a great ride. I'd say this ride is for intermediate riders. Need lots of water as there is minimal shade. Along the ride I seen lots of rabbits, some coyotes and pretty decent size spiders. Stay safe and have fun!

Make sure to check the park website, the entrance is closed and there is a link to alternate routes. Unfortunately we showed up without checking and ended up going elsewhere.

I started my 30min out and back at Chino Hills State Park at 5am. With a headlamp I hit the trailhead in pitch black. As the sun rose it revealed great scenic views of rolling hills, valleys, and small canyons with riparian streams. A short hill begins and leads to a gradual steady downhill on a mostly gravel road. I stayed on the main road but noticed many single-tracks climbing into the hills from either side of the road. This is a place with plenty to explore. I also observed quite a bit of wildlife, including Barn Owl, Blue Grosbeak, House Wren, and White-tailed Kite. Overall all a nice run on a steady trail. I'll definitely come back with T.R.E.D. Running Group.