Bald Knob Trail

Bald Knob Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Ambitious hikers can start at the bottom of the OSP on Purisima Creek Trail and turn this into an all day affair. Latter half of the hike is exposed, so bring sunscreen or cover.

Good views and some nice little hills. When I lived in HMB Purisima was very close so I hiked it often. This trail is off on the southern edge and hardly has any redwoods the park is known for but very remote. It was remote enough I'd take my dog in with me and one day we were tracked by one of the locals, a mountain lion. The trail doesn't allow dogs but mine is a service dog. The only time I've ever seen him spooked and he's put in a lot of miles with me.

I did this hike on a very hot day but most of it is shaded so it wasn't that bad. The first .5 miles of the trail is downhill so keep that in mind as you have to hike back up that at the very end. The Bald Knob trail is lovely and just beautiful. It's a relaxing gradual incline. I took the Irish Ridge trail that connects and that one is not so easy, Going down is a steep decline and you know what that means...tough work going back up. The view from this trail is the real reward. There isn't a parking lot so parking is limited along the side of the road. That was not a problem though since the trail was very secluded.