Hidden Falls Trails

Hidden Falls Trails is a 5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

4 minutes ago

Lots of traffic but beautiful views.

My Dog and I did 8 miles total. Great trail to open up and run. Little nature paths go to the water so you can cool down. Overall, a great trail. Glad this hidden gem has been found.

Kid friendly and wide paths.

Must be the wrong time of year to go for the waterfalls, there was a
flowing creek, but no falls. I read the maps wrong so we ended up going 10 miles. Pretty dry the most the way. We did manage to catch a great fall photo on the 7 pools loop.

it was littt

Nice hike, pretty hot and dry. Some very pretty views.

This is a great place to hike!! There are so many trials you can go for a short hike on up to around 10miles if you circle the whole area. I went 6-7 mile and the longer trails are not very busy. I didn't see many people until I got closer to the waterfall and river. There are also a lot of signs letting you know where you are and what trails you can take. I will definitely be back!

It was a nice hike and the waterfall was beautiful. we could have stayed all day by the water. The hike was a bit long for the younger kids (5 and under)but overall a great experience

listed as low traffic. Definitely not. There were horses, bikes, dogs, strollers; parking lot and over flow lot packed. couple times it felt more like a TSA line. Sights were great, hike easy with several different trails to make it as long or as short as you want. Overall, great for family or social time.

This hike was beautiful! I would recommend going before it gets too hot during the day. I forgot that the last stretch of the trail was all uphill. But a great workout with some beautiful scenery.

Excellent trail and not difficult at all! Beautiful scenery...would do it again. Recommend arriving early so you can get parking.

Amazing! First time hiking/walking. Easy trail and lots of short cuts. Water areas were worth the whole thing!

This is a great hike for the Autumn or cooler seasons, not for the Summer. I learned the hard way and felt bad for my dog, it was my first time hitting this trail in the summer. I took the South Legacy Trail and looped all the way to North Legacy Trail and back to the beginning point. I should have started the hike at the crack of dawn to be honest because by the time I hit North Legacy it was so hot! There was definitely less shade so you are in direct sun most of the way. The amount of water I brought which was my full camelbak and extra hydro flasks for me and my dog was not enough. We went through water like nothing and nearly died of heat exhaustion! The hike itself was not challenging, but the amount of heat and sunlight made it so much more difficult. Aside from that the scenery was nice, we walked along a herd of goats and some cows. Anyways, if you decide to take the longer trail in the summertime be prepared and try to get there before the sun rises.

Took the north legacy trail to the hidden falls outlook. If you check the trail map at the bridge with the salmon run its easier to figure out where you are headed because the trail markers aren't specific. Nice trail, not too difficult. The overlook at the falls is very nice and has a great view. I elected to climb down to the base of the falls via the rocks beneath the outlook, which was definitely not impossible but a little tricky. Going back the trail is a steady uphill grade. Bring lots of water. There were quite a few people on the trail and at the swimming holes but it wasn't too crowded.