Hidden Beach and False Klamath Rock

Hidden Beach and False Klamath Rock is a 7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Klamath, CA that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

I did the trail from the lagoon to the lookout and back. The 1st mile is pretty flat and has some ocean views but is pretty boring. If you want to go to the beach do it on a low tide. It was a high tide today and no beach at all... The rest of the trail is better but doesn't have very many views until you get close to the top then you have ocean views again. It's a fairly gentle slope and not too difficult a hike but still decent cardio. I also did the Yurok Loop along the way. All the other trails I've done in the area are a cut above this one. 50-50 whether I will ever do this one again...

The trial was a bit over grown with tall grasses. So wear pants. We were also welcomed by a wasp sting on the way in. Also we hiked in it was cloudy so there wasn't anything to see but a white backdrop. However when we got to the beach...it as stunning. Pretty much there by ourselves and the sun came out. On the hike out we could see much more of the coast and it was much more enjoyable.

Fairly easy trail, amazing views. Once you reach the beach it's truly amazing, rewarding, unlike anything I've seen before. worth the hike.

Beautiful hike. Started at Lagoon Creek and took the coastal trail to the Klamath overlook. Fairly easy hiking... great trail for the whole family.

We took the Coastal Trail up to Hidden Beach and further up to Yurok Loop. The hidden beach was well worth the stop! Beautiful hidden cove, with great views of the mountainous rocks jutting from the ocean floor. Nobody else was there except us and a few scavenger birds watching us very closely. Great hike. Definitely recommend to anyone.