Hermit Falls Trail

Hermit Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the Foothill Freeway (I-210) in Arcadia, take the Santa Anita Avenue exit and drive north to Chantry Flat, 4.6 miles.

Easy trail. Some narrow paths. Nice and short; did this trail first and went back to do Sturtevantfalls too. Nice and shady. Can be a little harder on the way back because of the incline. My8year old loved it, too! Tried to go to all the way down but it seems like the path either collapsed or I just couldn't find it. There was though, a path in between the rocks but too steep and couldn't get my son up/down from it so we just stayed in the area of the first falls. Water was freezing!

It's not bad, but can be overcrowded. I found a lot of trash on the trail and the graffiti really takes away from the awe of nature.

We took the long way to get there which made it a better hike, but it was nice that there was water there even with the drought! I'm sure it's awesome after some rain, and would be fun to jump in during the summer! The graffiti and trash at the bottom was not cool though.

Loved this hike, Beautiful trails and scenery but I really hated all the graffiti all over the place. Its sad to see such a gorgeous place all tagged up. Who tags on plants!? An aloe plant had been scrawled on along with the rocks, trees, and anything else within reach. Other than the tagging this place is great. We encountered a few people but not that many. Will definitely go back again

Short but worth the trip.

perfect.

Wildlife is definitely here. I almost always manage to spot a snake or two, and plenty of lizards. Weekends and holidays are always packed with hikers. Pretty easy hike.

Really cool to go to the jumps the shit