Hermit Falls Trail

Hermit Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the Foothill Freeway (I-210) in Arcadia, take the Santa Anita Avenue exit and drive north to Chantry Flat, 4.6 miles.

perfect.

Wildlife is definitely here. I almost always manage to spot a snake or two, and plenty of lizards. Weekends and holidays are always packed with hikers. Pretty easy hike.

Really cool to go to the jumps the shit

loved it!!! the falls are barely trickling right now but the views on the way down the mountain are amazing. Me and my children had a great day!!!

maravilloso

So pretty and your able to jump in the falls it's about 5 feet deep

Great morning hike with friends! Almost all downhill, so the hike back to the car was a little challenge, but nothing too bad! Definitely plan on going back!

So we got lost at first. So here are a few tips so u don't do the same : 1) when you get to the parking lot go down onto the pavement road behind the bathrooms 2) a couple of minutes later ( depending on how fast you go) your going to see a sign on the right hand side of the road that says "hermit falls", and it leads to a narrow dirt path, follow it!! 3) your gunna go down it and then you'll reach a water base and when you reach that go right, after that just follow the trail and have fun jumping off

If you're looking for scenery look no further, this place is beautiful! Hiked to sturtevant falls then hermit falls took me about 4 hours stopping at both falls. Definitely recommend this hike

Very enjoyable hike! I parked at the top, walked down and started the hike from the bottom, pretty crowded at the falls but nice, then I returned using the upper trail that takes you back to the top parking area!

It was great! The trail is easy to navigate through and the tiny lake at the bottom made for some fun hangouts with other hikers. Very fun trail.

Very narrow trail, got to the bottom very pack with a bunch of teenagers jumping into the water off the cliff recommend not going on the weekend.

Really enjoyed the hike. I would consider it a moderate to easy hike. I loved the scenery. I recommend that people use plenty of bug spray. The mosquitoes and flies were relentless.

I have been coming here for a few years. I start with the Sturtevant Falls trail and then on to Hermit falls. Starting from the bottom near the bridge along the Sturtevant falls trail is where you can start. The trail today was overgrown a bit and I was not clear on the path on the first part but keeping going. You will pass over three water streams along the way. The water is not deep and it is easy to pass over. I encountered a neat looking gecko. Bring some swimming clothes if you want a thrill and jump from the cliffs into the water. Or you can watch :) You might also want to bring a bag to help pick up the trash and bottles around the falls. We can all do our part in making this a better place :)

definitely a really good hike

Too bad it's a lot of graffiti and trash all over the place