Hensley Lake Day Use Areas Trail

Hensley Lake Day Use Areas Trail is a 2.7 mile out and back trail located near Madera, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Madera, CA: Follow Road 400 northeast for 17 miles to reach Hensley Lake.

peaceful river where the dog was free to run around

It was a great little spot for interval training. Not a good spot for a nice trail run though. That said, this place had me thinking I needed to go buy a mountain or Hybrid bike. I shall be back, better equipped next time.

My friends know I like this hike so for my birthday, Valentine's Day we hiked the loop out past Nesting Eagles and more wild flowers than you could shake your hiking sticks to the river. There's lots to do with hiking, biking, horseback riding frisby golf, boating, fishing, boating etc. My "Service Animal" Friday is a Lab, he gets to be a regular dog on these trails and I apologize to the ground squirrels and rabbits he has harassed. This is a great spring hike