Heller's Bend Preserve Trail

Heller's Bend Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fallbrook, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hiked this "trail" this morning. If you blink you'll miss the entrance, so watch out for the white ranch style signing because that is all there is. There is no parking lot just street parking along Hellers Bend road. The trail is paved the whole way up however there are dirt trails off on the sides. When you get to the top it appears the trail keeps going but is a dirt path. We followed this around and down another side of the hill and ended up on someone's private property. There was a chain with a Heller's Bend sign saying "No ATVs" so we had assumed this was just a barrier so atv's and other vehicles aren't used in the trail. Nope. So we had to climb back up the hill and then back down the paved trail. It wasn't a bad hike but I wish there was more signage and clear marker where you are not to go farther because it is someone's property.

Parking is horrible. Very up hill.

Great trail - so beautiful! Watch for poison oak, though. The place is crawling with it right now.

It was great. My wife and I managed it very well. We went with our 1 year old and she walked the whole thing (so you can imagine the pace). It is a little steep at certain points and short but for the most part it has great views and it was awesome.

Great for the family. A very short hike with a sharp incline.

This out and back trail is great to get your heart going. Short but steady incline. Well maintained. Pretty creek at the beginning/end if the trail. We were met on the way down off of a dirt turn off by 2 very large German Shepherds who chased my son and his friend down the trail. We suspect they live there. Terrifying! :)

Private little hike that is great for getting the heart going because it's all uphill/downhill. The creak was at the foot of the hill only (so pretty).

First time here. I'm building stamina to get myself and 10 month puppy ready for some long hikes. I am an overweight older woman with asthma so this trail is a great start for us. parking is on the street. Like everyone said it is uphill. And I mean uphill. when you finish the pavement there is a dirt trail up the hill further. By the end my lungs were burning and the pup panting lol. I live about 15 minutes away and will go again. Nice sceanery. Quiet and even on a Saturday morning uncrowded.

I wanted to add that it only takes me 30 minutes to complete, and I'm just working up to strenuous hikes.

I love this little trail for a quick burst of exercise. Quite steep. The trail is paved, the view is outstanding