Heller's Bend Preserve Trail

Heller's Bend Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fallbrook, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great trail - so beautiful! Watch for poison oak, though. The place is crawling with it right now.

It was great. My wife and I managed it very well. We went with our 1 year old and she walked the whole thing (so you can imagine the pace). It is a little steep at certain points and short but for the most part it has great views and it was awesome.

Great for the family. A very short hike with a sharp incline.

This out and back trail is great to get your heart going. Short but steady incline. Well maintained. Pretty creek at the beginning/end if the trail. We were met on the way down off of a dirt turn off by 2 very large German Shepherds who chased my son and his friend down the trail. We suspect they live there. Terrifying! :)

Private little hike that is great for getting the heart going because it's all uphill/downhill. The creak was at the foot of the hill only (so pretty).

First time here. I'm building stamina to get myself and 10 month puppy ready for some long hikes. I am an overweight older woman with asthma so this trail is a great start for us. parking is on the street. Like everyone said it is uphill. And I mean uphill. when you finish the pavement there is a dirt trail up the hill further. By the end my lungs were burning and the pup panting lol. I live about 15 minutes away and will go again. Nice sceanery. Quiet and even on a Saturday morning uncrowded.

I wanted to add that it only takes me 30 minutes to complete, and I'm just working up to strenuous hikes.

I love this little trail for a quick burst of exercise. Quite steep. The trail is paved, the view is outstanding

nice little hike, a little bit of water but not much due to the drought but if you're looking for an easy hike then you should try this one! there were some nice views at the top, it has a little bit of a steep incline towards the top but nothing big, it's a paved trail as well.

Nice trail through the oaks & sycamores up to the top of the hill for fantastic views of the surrounding area.

a lot of bang for the buck. quick, short hike--mostly uphill with a nice view at the top. great for tiring out the dog! the 3 times i've been here, i've never seen another person on this trail. there is no parking lot, so just maneuver carefully around the entrance.

This is a pleasant stream and hillside reserve tucked away in the area south of Fallbrook. Lots of cool live oak and a nice view at the extreme range of the trail.

This is a sewer place, withvery steep incline

Fast and hard good hoke

Intense mile and a half up-and-down

This hike was unfortunately much shorter than I predicted (I guess I should have paid more attention to the details on this site). I made it to the top in 15 minutes, so that as a bit of a buzzkill.

However, I did enjoy it and we were the only ones there on a midweek midmorning. It is a straight-up butt-kicker through some nice native forest, and I guess you could do it or parts of it more than once if you wanted the extra calories burnt. Now I know and next time I'll probably leave my older dog at home so the younger ones and I can do some hill sprints after the first ascent.

The parking was a bit dicey--I parked as far up against the while fence as I could with my midsized car (VW Jetta), and still felt a bit weird about it on that road. If you have a huge car I would definitely be nervous about parking there and have no idea where else would be better.

I would not recommend going out of your way for this one, though if you live in the Fallbrook/North Vista/East Oceanside area, or are traveling through on the 76 and are in need of a quick one, this could do the job.

Lacking a parking lot, you can leave your car on the side of the road near the white gate entrance. Steep 30 minute climb up a paved pathway to a small flat view point with benches when you reach the top. Good workout rewarded with a great view of Fallbrook!

A nice little uphill hike. I dont know if there's a parking lot but I just parked on the side of the road near the white gate. Trail was kind of messy... lots of poo. For the most part though I enjoyed it. The view at the top was nice.

The trail is steep and it is paved most of the way up. There is a river that you see at the start of the trail. The view from the top is awesome though. There are benches on top to sit on and enjoy the view.