Green Valley Trail

Green Valley Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foresthill, CA that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

These reviews are for the trail on the south side of the canyon, heading down from the Foresthill Divide. There is also a trail on the other side of the canyon. Trailhead is not too far from the Euchre Bar th, and uses the same exit on hwy 80. The north side trail is rough and steep and exposed to the sun most of the way. It leads to an area of the North Fork canyon that is very interesting and scenic, and which you will almost certainly have all to yourself, so it's worth it for fit hikers. Bring lots of water and avoid hot days.

We enjoyed this hike. It was a steep downhill and a steep uphill. 2,000+ feet in elevation. Totally kicks butt. While shaded, I wouldn't do this home on a hot day. We went during a stormy May Day and still had to deal with mosquitos. Overall - we will go again. It's a lovely adventure and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.

What I like about this trail is that you wont find any city slickers or russians on it. Too tough for em. If you get poison oak be careful. That shit is all up and down that canyon. Lots of quail down on the lower half of the trail so if you have shotguns, bring em. Good eating. I blasted a covey of quail and cooked them all down at the river. Also, be aware of the rattlers. I killed two of those little bastards on my way down..