Green Valley Trail

Green Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Fairfield, California that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

A walking path through a greenway nestled between suburban homes Follow the path North-East towards the Main Park

We had a pleasant 7-mile (3.5 hour) hike in Green Valley Trail today. We started at the intersection of Vintage Valley Drive and Dynasty Drive in Fairfield (Green Valley). We hiked along the pedestrian walkway past Green Valley Creek up to the park's southern entrance. We turned left onto the Black Oak Trail, left on Middle Mystic Trail, left on Twisted Tree Loop Trail, continued Junction trail to Root Trail, and left on Cliff View Trail. We continued onto Outer Loop Trail, right on Rock Garden Trail, we looped around the lake and took the Bay Area Ridge Trail to the Green Valley Trail for the return back.

You have to pay per person and extra for your dog and can't even just check out the area. If it was $3 for parking that would be fine but pay per person and have to keep your pass on you in case someone stops you and asks for it.

Loved the view, the shaded trees, and the trail itself was pretty challenging.

This was a great weekend hike! There are plenty of trail options so you can go farther or make your hike short. The scenery was beautiful! In the beginning it did seem pretty crowded, however there are many splits in the trail so once we got farther into the hike we barely saw anyone. It is definitely dog friendly, dogs $1, and $3 per person and you keep the ticket with you on your hike. We will definitely be doing this one again!

$3 per person, $1 per dog. Dogs MUST remain on leash or you can be ticketed $100 each. NO drinking water available. One set of bathrooms up at the lower pond. I went to to both ponds. Lower pond was totally dry, but we found tons of little tiny frogs, toads, and salamanders. Upper lake is beautiful. You can fish in it. Many bullfrogs, make trying to catch so fun. Shade along the paths. But bring plenty of water. I took a 2 & 5 year olds. Up to the upper lake, they managed fine. The climb is not too steep. Pack it in, pack it out. No garbages. 6 month family passes are available. This is a beautiful place to come hike around, explore, and enjoy all kinds if wildlife.

My first hike ever! It was a really good workout and a really nice view. Got really up close with some cows with my friends. Went through the main trail. I was looking forward to see the waterfall but I guess we took the wrong trail. We saw and climbed up the cave though but it was steep and slippery for first time hikers. Overall the park was really nice.

The park was gorgeous! Beautiful oak and manzanita trees, the little hike/climb to the cave kicked ass and it felt like we were the only ones there. How awesome is this place?

Beautiful views & Excellent trails! Next time I will be sure to wear better shoes. My warn out running shoes made it difficult to get up to the cave but I had fun trying.

I really enjoyed this trail after we reached the lake. It could have just been the time of year but prior to the like everything was just kinda dead and brown. We did the cave trail and up to the rock garden and ended up exploring the trails for about 3 hours. it was fun.. we estemate we did about 4-5 miles of this trail

In the 90's the day I hiked to the cave at Rockville Regional Park. The grasses were dry and the breeze was warm. The shade of the oak trees was very welcome. I especially loved the Manzanita all throughout the trails. The bark is beautiful, I took lots of pictures. A couple trail markers were confusing and when I discovered I was headed in the wrong direction for the Lake, I just continued on until I found the cave. It's a steep climb up but worth the views at the top. I came across a few mountain-bikers and a couple other hikers, but for the most part, I felt I had the park to myself.