Gray Whale Cove Trail

Gray Whale Cove Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pacifica, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

surfing

beach

From CA-92 West, turn right onto Main Street and drive for 0.3 miles. Turn right onto CA-1 North adn drive for 7.4 miles. The parking lot for the southern entrance into Montara State Beach is to the south of a restaurant called La Constanera.

Excellent hike with breathtaking views. We did it with our 3y old and he was comfortable walking. Note that at this time, it's muddy and not stroller friendly with very uneven path. Plan accordingly.

Always my favorite easy hike in HMB.

easy hike with amazing views !

This is a fairly easy hiking trail. I took my 6 month old puppy with me for the first time and he loved it! Amazing views throughout the first half of the trail. We ended up walking to the beach right after! This is definitely somewhere I will be going again!

Beautiful scenery

Easy trail with awesome views. You can spot whales from the high points in the trail in summer.

This trail was awesome for trail running. Great views of the ocean while going along the side of the hill. I joined up with another trail that did a loop and intersected gray whale trail again. Running, the whole thing took 30 minutes I could've gone longer as there were more trails available to go higher up. Perfect for a morning warm-up.

Beautiful views.