Grasslands Trail

Grasslands Trail is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Agoura Hills, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

The Grasslands Trailhead is the most popular trailhead I've encountered in western Los Angeles/eastern Ventura counties. It's popular because the hiking and biking opportunities in Malibu Creek State Park are outstanding. The statistics are for a hike to the MASH television show filming site. It's a very nice destination if you're at all familiar with the show. There is also a Visitors Center in the park that on my last visit a decade ago had a lot of information on filming that's been done in what is now the state park (check for operating hours). Malibu Creek runs through the park and I've seen children playing in it. It's a beautiful area and the park does offer facilities like porta-potties and picnic tables. There are oak groves with picnic tables that are an open invitations for an outing that includes a lunch stop. No dogs on the Grasslands Trail and in the "backcountry" of the park.

Some nice little hills, cool ride to Malibu Lake... Or almost to it, you can't go all the way.

I really liked it! $3 parking for 1hr. Not sure what the longer times cost....
I just walked and followed trails that lead to a dead end with a gate that said no trespassing. I just turned around and went back. I enjoyed it! There's some parts of shade and the creek runs along the path!
Just would like to note that I am a female and I went alone. I have enter been before and although I was scared, I felt safe. There weren't any people and I just kept a look out of my surroundings. I'll be going back!!!

Hiked the Grasslands Trail to Crags Rd and the visitor center. Came back High Road. Everything has dried up. Malibu Creek only has small pockets of water and the grasslands are all brown. It would have been nice if it had stayed green longer but still a really nice hike.

Just so you don't show up at the Grasslands Trail hoping to have a nice outing with your canine buddy...it is clearly marked that dogs are NOT allowed on the trail.