General Grant Loop Trail

General Grant Loop Trail is a 0.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Dunlap, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks 47050 Generals Highway Three Rivers, California 93271-9700 By Phone:1-559-565-3341 By Fax:1-559-565-3730

Quick walk with beautiful trees!

Enjoyed the trees. Fun walking through the fallen tree. Gives you a real appreciation as to their size.

Easy and educational.

Perhaps more fascinating than the General Grant, the second largest tree in the world (the a General Sherman is the first) is the hollowed out, downed redwood you can walk through which gives you a little perspective as the the size of these trees.

Short hike, amazing views. Be sure to read the signs as you go, the history is quite interesting.

Short little hike through an amazing forest!! The trees are massive!!

If your looking for the "peaceful walk in the woods" this is your hike over the "Giant Forest in Seq. Nat. Park. Granted we got here later in the evening, but there was no more than 10 cars in the lot. But you can walk on dirt here, you feel like your in the wood!

Beautiful hike

Good intro to Sequoias if you start on the Kings Canyon side of the park. Do this before you to General Sherman so you save the largest for last.

Easy short loop with tall trees. Parking lot isn't very large and gets crowded in the summer.

Easy trail with giant trees that make you feel like your an ant compared to them. Great scenic hike.

This is a great trail. My 4yo loved climbing through the fallen trees. So did I. Felt like a giant squirrel.

super easy & very very crowded!

This was the first hike I took with my young family now we are veterans but I remember this one well hiking with my daughter on my shoulders and son leading the way with friends❤️❤️

We took our kids to go see the giant redwoods in mid-November. My 6 year old, developmentally disabled son was able to make the loop twice with no problems. The area is beautiful and the enormity of the trees is humbling. There was a fallen tree that you can walk through. My kids loved this. The trail itself was well maintained and fenced in so there is essentially no risk of a kid wandering off the trail and getting lost. We loved it.

I love this area! Many great memories of the big trees from my childhood... Fun in every season.

Very easy. Crowded, but a nice simple walk with great views of trees.

Nice short hike up to, and around General Grant Tree. There is also a cool, old cabin and a hollowed out fallen sequoia tree which was used by early settlers in the area.