Granite Loop Trail

Granite Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

old growth

A short loop trail around the Visitor Center with numbered markers along the trail.

I thought it was fun. Small trail, more difficult in that the path was rocky and uneven, which made it fun for me. If you do want to see wild life, then do this trail. However, if you are afraid of snakes or crawling creatures then don't do this trail. I thought it was fun! I did see some poison oak but it was not near the trail.

This was our first time hiking the Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve trails. We hiked parts of the Granit Loop and Vista Grande trails, about 2 miles worth. This was a easy strolling hike. The trails were well maintained and marked. We loved the scenery - rolling hills, wildflowers, knotty oks, and grassy plateaus. We'll come back and maybe hike the Vernal Pool trail and see the Adobes. Worth the entrance fee!

Very nice walking trail