Gould Mesa Trail Campground Trail

Gould Mesa Trail Campground Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near La Canada Flintridge, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from LaCanada, CA: Travel Interstate 210, exit at the Angeles Crest Highway (Hwy. 2) and head north about 2 miles. Park on the right before you enter the Forest and hike the dirt road 1 mile past the power substation to the campground.

It's a great family friendly trail. Well maintained.

I really liked this little haven. I went twice already. It looks sketchy hiking in threw the angles crest direction. But I seen many park over night with no wilderness pass and got no ticket. How ever I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of shade .. Even in the drought there is water. Drops into a campground and if you follow through it ll drop you off nearly next to JPL. Lots of spots to explore.. Campsite super small.. 5 sites I think... There's bears, cougars.. These are the San Gabriel mountains so be cautious..

I've done this hike early in the morning, but I prefer mid to late afternoon. It's a pretty level trail. You do have to watch out for mountain bikes and house poop but it's pretty easy. Much of the trail is shaded but it can be sunny. It follows a creek so wear bug spray.