Gold Bluffs Beach Campground

Gold Bluffs Beach Campground is a 0.5 mile loop trail located near Orick, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for camping and is accessible year-round.

beach

scenic driving

Campground on the beach near Fern Canyon.

We always camp here, and its always more beautiful than the last time. I cant choose which aspect is my favorite, the elk that you wake up to each morning, or the waves that rock you to sleep each night. One recommendation is to get there early during summer months to reserve a spot. Make sure to keep your trash put away in bear canisters. As hard as it is to imagine bears on the beach, they definitely are. While camping on a rain-fueled weekend, i luckily scored two tarps someone had left behind in a bear canister! Woo!

Go anywhere in the redwoods and you wont be disappointed. This area was no exception. I should say right off the bat that we didn't actually stay at the Gold Bluffs campground but camped about a half a klick away at the Miners Ridge campground. I liked its location a little better, little less exposed, a little less traffic. The picture I posted is on the trail in between the Prairie Creek Visitor Center and Miners Ridge the morning after some really heavy rain.