Glendale Peak Trail

Glendale Peak Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Northeast side of Commonwealth Canyon Drive. Golf course will be to the west. Dirt trailhead is just north of Vista del Valle Drive. To get to the lookout, take a right onto the dirt trail.

Clean trail with lots of variety and dogs.

Loved the views!

Great hike. Starts of level and fairly simple but progresses to steeper incline with a rockier path.

We do this loop several times a week. Tough in summer sun getting up those 4-5 steep sections with my 2 year old in a pack (35lbs) on my back.
Have to wake up earlier apparently.

Many variations. The regular way stays on the wide fire road trail. We clocked 3.7 miles to the picnic table and down.

The hard way and several short but steep ridge trails branch off that main trail. Just take one of the left smaller trails that you pass in the flat section down below. They are all shorter but steeper variations. Think using hands and feet.

Anyway doing this one as much as we do really helps with being ready for any other solid moderate trail that we've tried... It's a good training hill.

Great views throughout to downtown, Glendale, the mountains and the ocean on clear days and a cool little bridge halfway up. Too steep for me to run up but just enough for a challenging hike up and then I could run down.

Lots of branching smaller trails but when you get up top you can see pretty well which ones go where. Nice picnic area and drinking fountain right near the top. I recommend starting by the Greek.

Great hike, pretty crowded but wide enough so not to feel cramped. When you get to the top of the loop, stay to the right for another 1/4 mile or so to get to the top of mount Hollywood. Makes it a 4 mile loop with around 800ft elevation gain.

Fabulous hike. We went right after a rainfall and it was soooo green!! Gorgeous views as you go. Fairly busy.

Nice hike with great views; there are many ways to access this trail -- their all good

Great hike - we went all the way to the Hogback Trail and through to the Observatory. It is very steep, and I would rate this part of the trial as difficult, but the views are stunning and worth it.

Did a nice hike to Glendale Peak starting from the Merry Go Round parking lot. Always a good crowd. Nice views of downtown L.A