Gin Flat Loop

Gin Flat Loop is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Yosemite National Park, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for snowshoeing and is accessible from December until April.

I backpacked this trail during January of 2016, over the course of the 3 days that we backpacked this trail it snowed 3.5 feet. If i was rating this trail while we were there, it would be in the negatives, it was quite difficult pulling a sled while trailblazing in 4 feet of fresh powdery snow. But now that I look back on it, it was a really great experience, even though while we were there it was completely miserable, it helped me realize how fortunate I am with everything that I have. I highly recommend to take this trail in the snow, it will be quite miserable while your there, but it will be a good experience in the end. I don't know what it will be like when you go, but when we went it was blizzarding for the first 2 days, making it close to impossible to get to our actual destination (which we didn't) and leave our tents for the whole second day (except for me and another person, because the tent eventually got boring) and also making us realize how much we wanted to be home (now that I look back on that, I wouldn't have gone home, it was a great experience), but the best everyone has is being self reliant enough to grow in harsh conditions and calmly call this moment enjoyment. When it comes to gear for this trip, choose your gear very wisely, it can mean the difference between life and death. Also keep your stuff dry, I cant emphasize that enough! Overall this trail is a great experience and very beautiful, worth the experience!