Gaviota Hot Springs and Trespass Trail

Gaviota Hot Springs and Trespass Trail is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Goleta, California that features hot springs. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking.

hot springs

2.00 parking fee

Awesome trail. A lot harder than I expected. Uphill most of the way if you take trespass up. Loved every moment though. Scenic and beautiful. Bring water and a snack. It takes awhile.

Great hike. Although, there is NO dog access as stated. Also, there is a 2.00 parking fee

fly fishing

Going up took me a couple of hours, but I took my time hiking this one alone. I went up the Gaviota Hot Springs Trail & then up to the Peak, resting at the top to journal and enjoy the scenery. Going down Trespass Trail with those gorgeous ocean views and surrounding Flora was lovely.

Took Trespass Trail yo to the peak. much rockier than Peak Trail side. Great hike, lots of sun so bring sunscreen. Much of the thinner portions of the trail have overgrown brush. Would do again.

Good hike! I just started hiking this year and this trail was pretty challenging. Bring plenty of water and a few snacks for breaks along the way. My gps said about a 7 mile hike with elevation gain of about 2,000 in the first 3.5 miles. Totally worth the effort! Incredible views! Don't forget the $2.00 for the trailhead parking. It's a self serve payment envelope system but I've heard the park rangers check cars parked there pretty regularly and issue citations.

After I got to Gaviota Peak I took Trespass Trail down. Trail is narrow and single track for most of it and pretty rocky compared to the peak trail going up. Peak trail is like a 5 line interstate highway compared to Trespass which is more of a 1 lane country road. Had to crawl over a few rocks, vegetation overgrown near the trail (made me wish I was wearing pants and not shorts!). Definitely, had to watch my footing for most of it! Really rocky at some points and not very well trafficked when I went out. A little harder getting back to the trailhead than when I've used the peak trail. In the end, glad I took it though but if I were hiking alone again I would take the peak trail up and down.