Garzas Canyon Loop

Garzas Canyon Loop is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carmel Valley, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Ample parking. Dog and horse friendly. Sun and shade. Wide enough trails to walk side by side. Nice loop!

We hiked this trail with 4 adults and 4 kids under the age of 5 (granted, none of the children walked the entire way). It had a few modest inclines and declines and offered spectacular views of the valley and the redwoods were amazing. All season bridges we passable, even with moderate rain fall in recent weeks. This trail is definitely a keeper for us.

Another great 9 mile trip from the visitor center. Here's my route sequence: Car bridge-Lupine-Mesa-Garzas-Redwood-Terrace-Garzas-Mesa-Hawkeye-Fern-Mesa-Lupine-Visitor center. Solo trip, my daughter was sick.

Started from the Garland visitor center making this a 9 mile loop. 1st time to Garzas and happy I finally made it here with my daughter. The steep canyon walls and huge redwoods were amazing. Great trails to choose from in this area, something for everybody.