Garnet Peak Trail

Garnet Peak Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We went in the Spring after the rain.
The view was spectacular.

Amazing view at the top, lightly trafficked, and good for trail running.

Good hike, very good views from the top out into Anzo back toward Cuyamaca. Pretty easy hike leading to the summit.

Yesterday, September 24, 2016 hiked Garnet Peak from Penny Pines trailhead, which is about 2.73 miles to summit! We were amazed with the scenic view of the desert and Salton Sea. To get some good hiking mileage, we decided to hike this gigantic loop which consisted from of the famous Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), Pioneer Mail Trail, crossing Sunrise Highway, onto Pine Mountain Trail, Champagne Pass, Indian Creek Trail and ending with Noble Canyon Trail, crossing Sunrise Highway again to Penny Pine Trailhead. Total 12.66 hiking mileage!!

My wife and I did this hike on Labor Day and we were alone for most of the hike.

Great view and fairly easy hike up. We came from the old bridge about 2 miles north on pacific crest trail. My wife and I are really enjoying a wonderful day together.

Spectacular views! Last time I hiked this it was a freezing cold morning. I posted the video on my hike in YouTube. You can find it by searching the #thisgirlhikes.

Very beautiful and very short/easy hike. Should be easy not moderate. Awesome views await you at the top.

Stunning 360 degree views looking east toward Anza-Borrego and back to the lush green forest around Cuyamaca and Julian. Nice hike up, and a great side trail off the PCT.

amazing view overlooking the anza borrego dessert.