San Jacinto Peak via Fuller Ridge Trail

San Jacinto Peak via Fuller Ridge Trail is a 14.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Idyllwild, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October.

can I take my dog

Great Hike! I'll do this hike any day.

My new favorite hike in the San Jacinto area. What I especially like about this one is that there are great views in every direction - San Jacinto to the east, Coachella Valley to the north, and Orange and San Diego counties to the South and West. There are also great views of San Gorgonio and Baldy on occasion as well. We hiked just the first 4 or so miles, and even the first 2 miles give you all the views described above. I would definitely recommend this even if you have no plans to climb all the way to the top of San Jacinto.

One of the best hikes I've ever done. Nothing but pure goodness.

Did this from the road on and alternate route. Was about 18 miles round trip. 6500 ft of elevation gain. Absolutely brutal, but worth it. Check the weather. It was snowing like crazy and we needed gators and grips for our boots. Slept at little round valley and summited in the morning before heading back on an almost as brutal descent. Truly awesome

this trail to the summit starts at a higher elevation than others, so the 1st 5 miles is somewhat gradual and beautiful views to the east and the west. it's long, we got 15 miles and it took all day 11 hrs to complete. if you have that much time it's worth it. you do have to travel a out 8 miles on a dirt road to t g e trail head bug the tiad is great too.

A great/challenging hike! we clocked it at 8.5 miles from the trailhead to the peak. The weather was perfect, it was nice a cool in the shade and it dipped down to about 39 degrees at night. The views all the way up and at the peak were awesome. We hiked to Little Round Valley, dropped most of our gear at the Thunder View campsite and hiked the last 1.3 miles to the peak. There actually was still a little bit of water trickling at about a mile before little round valley, but im still glad we packed in our own. All around a great overnight hike, could have been done in one day because the hike back down only.took.about three hours.

Hiked this trail Saturday 7/19/14. What a great hike!
The trailhead is 8 miles down a dirt road, but a well maintained good road. No problem in most any vehicle.
The trail starts off nice and easy, but once you cross over the ridge it is up and down until you reach the junction with Deer Springs trail. Then it is out in the open through the manzanita and rocky switchbacks to Little Round Valley. There is a little respite there before grinding your way up to the junction near the summit. Once there up to the the cabin and then a short scramble to the summit.
Then it's a long 8.3 miles back to the trail. And the up and downs along Fuller Ridge are a grind. Even after you cross over the ridge it still seems like a long walk to the trailhead.
This trail was described to me as a 14.5 mile hike, but I clocked it as 16.6. Not much different, but enough at the end of a long day.
Still the hike was great, the views magnificent, the company fine and the day delightful. And as a bonus we got to hike up in a cooling light rain, a rare occurrence in Southern California.
It took me a while, because I'm a fat slow old guy, but I had a great time, felt good the next day and will definitely be back once the memory of the up and down parts and the final grind fade.
All in all a great hike and much more satisfying than the walk from the tram.

Actually started this trail via Deer Springs that added 5 miles!! and some elevation gain. Wonderful day. This trail is tough!! and a great challenge. There are 32 SWITCHBACKS once you pass Little Round Valley. And prior to that the hike was uphill most of the way with switchbacks from Fuller Ridge Junction.The weather was beautiful and there was some snow and ice on the trail. It was interrmittent but not a hindrance. Al lin all a great day! Great sense of accomplishment!

Was a great hike yesterday (6/23/13). Two different GPS units measured it at 16.4 round trip.

Awesome hike. Took a bunch of Boy Scouts. My garmin out the total hike at 15.65 miles take lots of water. There was only one stream with enough flow to use my purifier. Great views, awesome time overall.

Awesome trail! We tracked it at 15.5 miles out and back.

Awesome views! I think the mileage is off by a couple of miles