Fry Creek Trail

Fry Creek Trail is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Aguanga, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until November.

Directions from San Diego, CA: Drive north on Interstate 15 to Highway 76 (Oceanside-Pala exit). Head east on Hwy. 76 to S6 and drive north toward Palomar Mountain. Follow S6 to Fry Creek Campground. Trailhead parking is just outside the campground along S6 (trail users may not use the campground for parking). The trailhead is located near the campground fee station just inside the entrance.

Fun, well marked. Good shade cover, quiet during the week.

Love Fry Creek. The trail that wraps around the campground was super easy and enjoyable. My 7 & 4 year olds were able to trek the whole thing with no problems and we completed it in about 1 hour with them.
My biggest issue with this trail (and this area in general) is all the bugs. All part of being outdoors and that's fine but just be prepared for flies all up in your face!
Lots and lots of poison oak so be mindful of that as well but we will for sure do this hike many more times I'm sure!

It's a short easy trail that loops around the Fry Creek Campground, something relaxing to do before checking out. I looped the trail counterclockwise, I must have missed a turn toward the end and came out near site 8 & 9 instead of behind the restroom.

The trail was covered in ants. Whenever I would stop the ants would already be crawling onto my shoes and biting at my legs. We did see a deer and saw lots of deer plants. The bugs flying around were pretty bad too.