French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd

French Trail and Stream Trail Loop via Skyline Blvd is a 7.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Canyon, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park at the Skyline Gate Staging Area at Pine Hills Dr.

25 minutes ago

Wonderful! It was my first time to this area, and although I've completed over 50 hikes in the Bay Area, this was one of my favorites. I went down French and came back up Stream. I couldn't wait to get off West Ridge as there were way too many loose dogs. French Trail was great - scenic, not much traffic, and I only passed one dog off leash. Stream Trail Park is a great place to sit down, relax, and get some water half-way through the hike. Dogs are required to be on leash on Stream Trail. Get there early. I arrived at 9 am Saturday and the lot was already full. When I returned to the staging area at noon, the streets were lined with cars.

Great autumn and winter trail

I love to hike in the Redwood Regional Park. This time I started at outside of the Skyline Gate, followed the Tres Sendas Trail, went to the French Trail. I completed the loop by returning on the Bridle Trail, Stream Trail and back to the Skyline Gate. Total distance was 9 miles with 1437 feet elevation. I completed the loop in less than 3 hours. It was a great hike.

Awesome trail, the Stream to West Ridge trail it ends up being a little over 7 miles. Beautiful views, varied terrain and trees! Be ready for hills!

Beautiful forest trail. But I warn you, lots of ups and down. Steep grades.

Nice trail to do with dogs mostly shaded did stream to french to west ridge trails. Lots of incline on second half

It was an afternoon hike in the Redwood Regional Park. I started at the Skyline Gate Staging Area, following Stream Trail along the Redwood Creek, returning on the French Trail, then completed the loop with the West Ridge Trail. Total distance was 5 miles with elevation 1000 ft. I liked this loop because it was mostly shaded under the redwood trees and hiking up and down on the French Trail provided strenuous workout.

Hiked this this weekend, and it was as gorgeous as the pictures here. Would love to come back to venture to see a few other trails as well.

I like to hike on this trail and will come back for more.