Four Lakes Loop

Four Lakes Loop is a 14 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lewiston, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

THIS hike takes 5 miles to reach the summit before it starts, with about 3,000' elevation gain!

I wish I would have known that before attempting it. I thought this would be a day hike. We didn't make it to even the 1st lake after the ascent because we didn't want to trek down too late, if we would have given this an early start we would have made it to at least see one. Most people hike the 4 lakes loop trail and camp overnight for a day or 3.

The wildflowers on the way up were gorgeous and the views of Shasta were worthwhile. It is quite a climb to reach the summit and not for the faint of heart. I can't only imagine with a few nights provisions it would be a very good workout.

This trail was simply an eye opener as far as what backpacking can really be! Four ice cold lakes tucked into a gorgeous Alps like setting was more than a guy and his Dad could ask for. Hit it during the week and you will have it all to yourself. Diamond Lake on the other side of Siligo peak was like something out of a story book. Perfect little camp right under a towering pine by the lakes edge. Its quite a hike up to the loop but well worth it. A word of caution about the long canyon approach. The elevation gain is rough on the last third of the trail so be ready for a real trial on your legs.

We did this as a day-hike while we were camped (backpacked into) Echo lake. Also hiked to top of Siligo Peak for great views. Luella looked like it would be great for swimming, but there was already a large group swimming there, so I waited til we got to Summit lake for a very cool, but refreshing dip!

Beautiful sights with moderate elevation and access to seven-up peak. I suggest setting up camp at Diamond Lake, amazing sunsets!