Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail

Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Twentynine Palms, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible from October until June.

Good view

Trail is great but DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE.

Great short trail, lots of hills with semi-steep climbs. Good for a short workout.

Great hike. A bit short, but great bang for the buck, so to speak. Be aware that there are a lot of stone steps, some not so necessary. I'm not a big fan of steps where they are not needed and kind of wished that I knew about them beforehand. The oasis is impressive, but access to it is limited due to the fragile ecosystem that it supports. Please don't be like some of the hikers we encountered ignoring the signs and trampling areas that they shouldn't.

It is a great morning hike. Not to crowded . Beautiful at the end. Not much water, maybe by this winter it will be running.

Nice afternoon hike. Oasis is quiet, not crowded when I was there. Always seems longer than you think.

Worth the hike (moderate) out to the oasis. Lots of bird activity if it's quiet enough.

Nice morning hike. This is a fairly moderate hike for a beginner. The trail is very easy to follow and well marked. I just started hiking again after many years and it was a decent workout. A couple spots I had to catch by breath due to the stone steps on the way back. But other than that it was easy hoing in both directions. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some Big Horn Sheep but didn't see any. There was a significant storm that hit the area several days ago so I figured there would be much more water than there was when I got to the oasis. Only a few small puddles. This hike is nice for landscape photography. When I got to the oasis, I sat down and had lunch, explored for about 20 minutes and then headed back. It's about a 3 mile round trip and it took me roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes. I'd like to do it again after I get back into good hiking shape.

This is an awesome trail. When you make it to the Palm Trees you're relieved and exhausted, your reward of course is the Oasis with humongous mosquitos you've ever seen hovering. It's a pleasant hike all the way, with panoramic views of the mountains covered with low shrubs, cactus and interesting rock formations. This trail requires no fee to hike or park. There's no benches, trashcans, drinking fountains or restrooms. No shade on this trail, bring a lot of water and sun protection.

Trail was marked well. For me personally though, there wasn't enough of a pay off at the end of the trail where the oasis was. It was beautiful don't get me wrong, but I think it would have been better if there was more water. The views of the canyon, and the city of 29 Palms below also made this hike enjoyable. Cholla and Barrel Cacti pepper the landscape and was also very nice to see. Nice hike but a bit anti climactic for me.

Pretty easy trail, there is a lot of uphill. The trail is clearly marked and once you arrive to the oasis it is totally worth it.

This was a good trail. The best part is when you reach the turn around point and see how beautiful it is. not to difficult either.

This trail is pretty demanding, but has beautiful views of the mountains and surrounding valleys of the Joshua Tree National Park. The terrain is all mountainous and the trail is littered with rocks and cactus. Watch out for snakes and scorpions, this is their home If you go during the summer, take plenty of water. Temperatures reach 115 degrees F during the summer.