Fort Point - Baker Beach Coast Trail

Fort Point - Baker Beach Coast Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Francisco, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

surfing

beach

The Baker Beach Coast Trail meanders amongst the bluffs above Baker Beach, and has a stunning view of the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Marin Headlands. Start from the Fort Point National Historical Site. Note: A portion of Baker Beach is a nude beach.

This route can be a run, walk, bike, or drive. However you choose to explore it, the views of the Golden Gate bridge and the Pacific are excellent. I walked it with the pups and made a loop out of it. Some things you may want to explore on or near this route include the World War ll Memorial, Immigrant Point, the Sand Ladder down to Baker Beach, and the various buildings, batteries, and overlooks along the way. I parked in East Battery (paid parking) just East of the bridge but there is plenty of free parking West of the bridge in several places along Lincoln Blvd, as well as at Baker Beach. Next time, I'd prefer to run or bike it.

Beautiful view. Definitely a favorite

Even on a rainy May day this walk is special, to add a few extra steps take the stairs down to the beaches. On this occasion we were lucky and saw two whales swimming out past the bridge from the bay

Beautiful, amazing view of the bridge and pretty easy. Great to take out of towners!

I've hiked this one many times during my life since I was born and raised in SF for the first-half of my childhood. My school field trips would often include a trip to Baker Beach. I went to Rivendell School, an elementary school in the Outer Sunset. It's a great place to visit and a wonderful hike. Be wary of swimming in the ocean there though. I swam and nearly drowned. My science teacher saved my life. Definitely a memorable moment.

Part of the trail (.8 mi W of GG) is currently closed for revamping, and the Eastmost part of the beach is nude. Beautiful overall with great views, easy trail to walk/hike. I will do it again!

This was an easy hike, and the views from the top were breath taking!! Well worth the hike.