Forsee Creek Trail

Forsee Creek Trail is a 12.7 mile out and back trail located near Angelus Oaks, CA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

As Matt stated, closed at fork with John's Meadow, which we hiked. Nice, mostly pine covered trail with a couple of very small water sources. Lots of bugs in these areas. Passed two guys wearing mosquito netting. Hike it out to end of trail, eat in the shade, then hike it back. Six plus pleasant miles. Great trail.

Good beginner hike. Only route open is to Johns meadow right now due to the Lake Fire. Steep incline up until about the johns meadow, jackstraw springs fork. Then sort of levels out with slight ups and downs. Occasionally there are opening that show the valley.

Lovely. Not too hard. Really becomes beautiful about 1.5 miles in.

Hiked this trail with son and daughter to Anderson camp. Strenuous climb but worth the views. Big Bear lake and lights at night. Enchanting pine forest and flats at top. Carry 2L of water to be safe...no water in creek along trail. Spring is located at Dollar Lake / Angelus Camp fork signs (7 mi) from trailhead. Look down to right of trail fork located in bushes is a trickle spring. Filter water.

Hiked this hike today with a meet up group. It is a moderate ascent up to Anderson Flats and peak. We went over to Shields Peak. It was a rock scramble to the top. A lot of fun. Not something I do regularly. Out of my comfort zone but was easily overcome with the great company I was with. Most of the trail is shaded with pine needles underfoot or underboot! Quite a peaceful hike. The scenery is awesome. A nice way to get to San Bernardino Peak…Our hike was 4400 elev gain and 14miles

Me and my buddy did this trail up to Jackstraw Springs this morning with our dogs. Beautiful trail and moderate hike. Mostly shaded all the way up to the spring. Took us just over 2 hours to get up with some rests and just under an 1 1/2 hours down.

Nice hike went up 3 miles 8571elevation tried to make jack straw ran out of time

Went up about 5 miles to about 9500 ft elevation then went back down. I don't consider myself a pro hiker, but I also disagree with people calling this a difficult climb. It is a well marked trail and a moderate incline. A great little hike starting at 8 am in the middle of august with plenty of shade from tree canopies.